Aircraft Registration Fee

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
From the AOPA website:
Right now, the one-time aircraft registration fee is $5. While the re-registration proposal applies the $5 fee to its recurrent renewal, the agency has made it clear that it wants to increase the fee. That could be a $130 initial registration fee and a $130 renewal fee every three years.

Aircraft re-registration hasn’t been required for three decades. From 1970 to 1978, the FAA had an annual aircraft re-registration cycle. Now, nearly one third of the 343,000 U.S. aircraft registrations are possibly invalid.
Read the whole article here: http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2008/080229registration.html

What???

In Michigan the State has an annual registration at .01 per pound gross. $26.50 for me and I can get a map and airport directory, about a $20 value free by checking a box on the registration form.

It's a great way to keep the database up to date, and have a revenue stream for very little effort. But then I'm light and it's based on weight.

Time for aircraft owners to pool some money together, buy a huge chunk of land somewhere, and secede. Then apply to ICAO for our own "N" number series.

That's why it was in quotes!!

Maybe they can all start with FU-

You know, for uh.....Flying Union...

Yeah, Flying Union.

That's why it was in quotes!!

Maybe they can all start with FU-

You know, for uh.....Flying Union...

Yeah, Flying Union.

FAA through FZZ belong to France.

BTW these are all set up by treaty via the UN. So after secession you will have to come up with the dough to join the UN. Just think of it, Ed Fredrick, Ambassador to the United Nations. Why it just warms my heart seeing you in NY at the HQ! :rofl::rofl:

FAA through FZZ belong to France.

BTW these are all set up by treaty via the UN. So after secession you will have to come up with the dough to join the UN. Just think of it, Ed Fredrick, Ambassador to the United Nations. Why it just warms my heart seeing you in NY at the HQ! :rofl::rofl:

Well, I am feeling a bit irregular. Looks like I found my solution.

Back