Aircraft on FB

I usually keep an eye on anything within ~100 miles of me.. Usually it's nothing special, or it's also posted on Trade A Plane/Barnstormers.

My friend just sold his Mooney on Facebook Marketplace. I helped him with the sale and it went very smooth. A couple tire kickers, but it was easy to just move on

I hope the swift sells soon, the lady needs to get it flying

The biggest problem with FB marketplace for items like cars/planes/boats is the 100-mile radius. I would spend an hour searching for a particular vehicle on FB marketplace (which has better results than just about any other car search platform), but having to type in a new city to try and search a region/country is a PITA. Just let me choose my search radius with no limitation.

I despise Facebook. That said, when we were looking for tenants for our rental houses that's how we found them. My wife posted the houses on FB Marketplace of Buy-Sell-Trade or whatever the hell they call it, and it worked better than Zillow (which produced a flood of unqualified applicants) or Craigslist (which was a complete waste of time). We had tenants in the last one two weeks after we closed on the house.

I despise Facebook. That said, when we were looking for tenants for our rental houses that's how we found them. My wife posted the houses on FB Marketplace of Buy-Sell-Trade or whatever the hell they call it, and it worked better than Zillow (which produced a flood of unqualified applicants) or Craigslist (which was a complete waste of time). We had tenants in the last one two weeks after we closed on the house.

Its been a while since I've had a vacancy, but I have had the best luck just posting on my personal FB and having friends of friends hear about it through word of mouth. Also helps pre-screen the applicants a little, since we have mutual acquaintances. Worst thing I ever did was put a For Rent sign in the yard. A lot of "tire-kickers" but no qualified applicants. Wasted a lot of time doing showings for people with no intention or ability to rent.

People looking at the Facebook marketplace, assume their going to get a great bargain.

Back