Aircraft log question

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
I just bought my first plane, and had an annual done as a prebuy, as well as having the IFR certs done at the same time. The Annual entry in the log took up the last page in the log book and the entries for the IFR stuff is simply stapled to the back cover. Obviously it's time to add a third airframe book to the stack of log books.

Is there anything special I need to do, or any kind of entry I need to make in either the old or new book to properly start a new one? I assume adding another log book to continue from where the last one left off isn't something I need an A&P for.

Also would it be appropriate for me to pull the staple out of the IFR certs and place them as the first entries in the new book? They are printed on sticky labels, but with the backing still on since there was no room to stick them.

Also do you guys log every little thing in your log books, like adding a quart of oil to top it off, etc.? I know most tend to keep track of things like that simply to keep an eye on things, but do you actually log the little stuff like that?

I just bought my first plane, and had an annual done as a prebuy, as well as having the IFR certs done at the same time. The Annual entry in the log took up the last page in the log book and the entries for the IFR stuff is simply stapled to the back cover. Obviously it's time to add a third airframe book to the stack of log books.

Is there anything special I need to do, or any kind of entry I need to make in either the old or new book to properly start a new one? I assume adding another log book to continue from where the last one left off isn't something I need an A&P for.

Also would it be appropriate for me to pull the staple out of the IFR certs and place them as the first entries in the new book? They are printed on sticky labels, but with the backing still on since there was no room to stick them.

Also do you guys log every little thing in your log books, like adding a quart of oil to top it off, etc.? I know most tend to keep track of things like that simply to keep an eye on things, but do you actually log the little stuff like that?

They are your books, set them up as you want.

If you are starting a new book, just fill out the front page information (make,model, serial number and registration number) and write "Logbook 2"

As far as adding a quart of oil or air to tires, only if you want too.

Also do you guys log every little thing in your log books, like adding a quart of oil to top it off, etc.?
If it's "maintenance", I log it, as required by 14 CFR Part 43. If not, I don't. Adding a quart of oil to the sump, adding fuel to the tanks, washing the plane, or adding air to the tires is "servicing", not "maintenance" (see your POH), and the FAA does not say anything about making entries for "servicing", so I don't log "servicing".

Back