Aircraft Lease

ZMSATX

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ZMSATX
Looking for names of recommended aircraft lease companies. I can search the web for leasing companies but would like to hear from the consumers rather than the marketing department.

Looking to lease a single engine airplane.

Thanks for the replies in advance.

z

Lease as in the typical new car, give it back in 2 years kinda lease? Don't think I've ever seen that for airplanes, but I could be missing something.

Not many companies that do lease agreements,like auto lease. Get on the net and do the research.

Looking for names of recommended aircraft lease companies. I can search the web for leasing companies but would like to hear from the consumers rather than the marketing department.

z

There are two lease models, one through a leasing company like GE Capital and you tell them what you want, and they will tell you what it will cost a month. The other is to lease from the manufacturer. I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that you can arrange something with any of the manufacturers on a new plane.

Normally I see the capital leasing companies in bigger numbers deals like on jets. Before 2008 I saw some private guys trying to make a leasing business out of providing SR-22s, but I haven't seen any of that stuff advertised since the crash.

Christiansen Aviation Inc. began leasing aircraft in 1985. Since then, we have become one of the largest single engine Cessna owners in the country. We currently lease aircraft to universities and proprietary flight schools nationwide. Call or E-mail Bill Christiansen or Alisa for more information. You can also reach us at 918-298-1381.

I know of two schools that lease their aircraft from them.

I don't think the question was about school leasing, but about personal leasing.
I would love to be able to lease a plane for a couple of years, while my normal ride is in for a major rebuild.

Christiansen Aviation Inc. began leasing aircraft in 1985. Since then, we have become one of the largest single engine Cessna owners in the country. We currently lease aircraft to universities and proprietary flight schools nationwide. Call or E-mail Bill Christiansen or Alisa for more information. You can also reach us at 918-298-1381.

I actually clicked this topic to see if someone was going to mention those guys.

Shy of finding a private party to work a sweetheart leaseback from, Christiansen would be the top pic.

I don't think the question was about school leasing, but about personal leasing.
I would love to be able to lease a plane for a couple of years, while my normal ride is in for a major rebuild.

You 'can' it just makes no sense. These services aren't free, you have to gain a major advantage somewhere along the process to make it worthwhile. Basically unless the plane has a defined job, leasing isn't going to be your best option.

I think there is a min amount of hours Christiansen expects and you pay for each month.

If you could find some other pilots to be quasi partners in your lease airplane, charge them X per hour, potentially you might actually be able to make money on the thing

I cant imagine leasing a new airplane could make sense financially for an individual. The depreciation the first couple years is is huge, so the lease payments would have to match. Your hourly expenses would be insane unless the plane was flown all day every day.

I cant imagine leasing a new airplane could make sense financially for an individual. The depreciation the first couple years is is huge, so the lease payments would have to match. Your hourly expenses would be insane unless the plane was flown all day every day.

Which is why you don't typically see offers for it. If you don't use up the depreciation, most individuals will be way behind on the deal.

z

What kind of airplane? If it's a HP SE, then please call up Christiansen so they'll put it on the flight line at RVS and I can fly it, lol.

Describe this a bit more please.

Is it as simple as your company is the "registered" owner, and your customers have a lease(rent) contract for the aircraft for a set time and $$$/month?

What other general things should the rest of us know?

Back