Aircraft Interiors/Exteriors

corny357

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Brandon
Hey guys

So I got a friend who owns a 1981 Piper Seneca III and is looking for somewhere to get the plane's interior and exterior re-done. Of course between the two of us we know some places, but I had heard you get a much better value and can save A LOT of money from getting the work done down south.

If anyone has any places that they know/have experience with or can suggest, that'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

The folks at AirMod in Ohio (home field shared with Sportys) does great work on interiors. I've toured the facility and seen the work first hand. Top notch. They have a great avionics shop on field too (Cincinnati Avionics). AirMod doesn't do paint; I believe they either sub-out or just let you sign the deal yourself with Dial Eastern.

At any rate, while I haven't transacted business with them, I was very impressed with their knowledge and detail-oriented work.

Great guys, thank you very much..really appreciate it!

Mena Arkanasas has some nice shops that do paint and interior. Chip may know the names of the shops.

I was going to mention Mena, AR. There is about every service on the field that you could need.

I don't know which shop at Mena was used, but the owner (local pilot) got what he paid for. Less expensive paint job, not a very good paint job. Some of the paint came out flat, some looks beautiful, the preperation was poor, all of the stripper was not removed and is presently starting to remove paint at seams and edges.

This is a new paint job, earlier this year, and he is already seeing these results. I don't know what he requested in the way of a job, but the paint itsefl looks quality.

What do you want? Do you want nice but budget friendly? Do you want Lexus leather and super spit shine without breaking the bank? Something in between?

How many colors? Custom paint scheme or will you hand 'em a photo and say "make this"?

If you were at Gaston's two years ago you might remember the Astar helicopter that came in, it was painted in Mena, and it is outstanding. Price tag for that job was about $20K

We have had a number of airplanes painted in Mena, I'm guessing 4 King Airs and 4 Lears. They keep going back so it must on the less expensive side and decent enough. I'm no expert on paint, however.

Back