Aircraft financing

Most of the financing is 15-20%... commercial is 30%. Dunno how that works out for the repayment math.

Edit: Nope. At 225 that'd take 155 months at 0% interest with a purchase price of 50k with 30% down. Maybe 225 for 15 years @30% down?

Last edited:
Honestly it seems like most of the companies are like "It's personal right? *wink* Good." Don't ask, don't tell. I absolutely shot myself in the foot by saying anything about a leaseback.

NAFCO has been the easiest to communicate with. Unfortunately the commercial loan isn't an option (with an excess of 15 hours a month leaseback) but Joy Thomas there has been FANTASTIC. If I pull the trigger and end up just buying the plane for myself, I will 100% go to her first.

Joy is fantastic. I went to college with her and know her well. She has been involved with NAFCO for several years and knows her stuff. She's a good friend.

Joy is fantastic. I went to college with her and know her well. She has been involved with NAFCO for several years and knows her stuff. She's a good friend.

Well if you couldn't tell, I'm super impressed with her. She's great. Incredibly helpful. Most other places feel like "Oh. You want a commercial loan? For less than 100,000? Peasant." I've traded emails with her and she has been extremely helpful even after knowing she wasn't going to make any money from me.

If you have "superior repayment capability" look into lightstream loans. I got mine at 4%, unsecured, in the drop down box I selected that it was for an aircraft but they honestly don't care, and didn't ask any questions. I believe at that time I had to show that I had >$100k in cash assets (I'm sure equity would count)

Back