Aircraft down, Texas, Hood/Somervell County Line

Dry Creek

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dry Creek
Just popped up on my wife's facebook thingy feed, or whatever. No details yet.
It's been pretty quiet out there today, particularly with GA. We live between the western arrival routes for DFW and Love.

Will share details as they come up. Nothing on the scanner yet, but that is to the north of us.

From the "DFW Scanner" Twitter feed:
"Aircraft Down (Somervell - Hood County) Multiple agencies are working an aircraft down in the area of the Brazos River north of Glen Rose close to the county line. Two medical helicopters requested to the scene. Avoid this area."

Just popped up on my wife's facebook thingy feed, or whatever. No details yet.
It's been pretty quiet out there today, particularly with GA. We live between the western arrival routes for DFW and Love.

Will share details as they come up. Nothing on the scanner yet, but that is to the north of us.

My facebook feed is filled with pics of people in the PNW flying through snow and saying how cool to the star wars "light speed" effect. I've done it too in a Bonanza with zero ice protection.

Expecting one or two to get caught out tomorrow and feature on the NTSB naughty list.

Yes, that's it. I was polling all of the DFW news stations and couldn't find anything.
Nice Biplane, fortunately it has been very dry here, and the Brazos is down.

269978224_5203428109670220_3976807347233632846_n.jpg

On which side do they bury the survivors?
Well, way too rocky in the foreground, on the other (Somervell County) side?

Rumor has it that they clipped a power line that crosses the river there. They were traveling "up river" (left to right), and that's possibly how they ended up inverted like that.

FACT: That area is not very far from a small town named Eulogy.

Well, way too rocky in the foreground, on the other (Somervell County) side?

Rumor has it that they clipped a power line that crosses the river there. They were traveling "up river" (left to right), and that's possibly how they ended up inverted like that.

FACT: That area is not very far from a small town named Eulogy.
Yeah, the article now states that as a fact. It's not the first time a low sortie over a river would have ended that way, if so.

Back