Aircraft Detailing

WingWaxer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Wing Waxer
Hey everyone i am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I own an Aircraft Detailing company here in Las Vegas and have been running it for 4 years now. We are based at HND but can go all over the valley. I am not so much trying to drum up business, but i am wanting to be a resorse for all of you who are in the aviation industry. If you have any questions about detailing i would hope that i can answer those questions for you guys.

I do what i can to stay up to date on what is going on in our industry, and am hoping that this will be a good resorse for me as well. Thanks

If iterested

croweaviation.com

OK, here's one for you.

De-ice boots. What do you do?? I'm no detailer, just an owner. It seems like there are as many answers as there are deice boot owners.

Honestly i just use Jet Stream PBS boot sealant. I get great results and it last about 6 months. I have never been a fan of BF Goodwrich ice x. It seems to me that it turns the boots brown, or atleast when i have cleaned boots that have used ice x my rag is brown after i wipe them off.

PBS is good and cheap. IMO the only reason BF goowrich gets what 250 a can for ice x is becuase they make the boots so they can require ice x to be used on their boots. Just a thought.

Back