Aircraft Auction(s)?

TCABM

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
3G
I lurk here quite a bit, but don't post much. I follow the automobile markets (classic/collectable/unique, not new) and thought to myself is there a market for aircraft auctions?

To be done correctly, the auction aircraft model would definitely be a different model than automobile auctions, but it with a few alterations to the model is it doable?

In my mind, you would have a couple of different scenarios. One is the aircraft is on-hand and ready to sell/fly away -- this wouldn't be too different than traditional automobile auctions. However, would/could it be possible to auction aircraft that aren't actually on-hand, but have a contract to auction on them. In this case, I envision that a separate, third-party entity inspects the aircraft and presents an objective opinion of the aircraft in question and is provided in the auction catalog.

Bidders would either be there in person, on the phone, or over the internet, just like automobile auctions.

For you savvy folks out there, is this a viable model? Logic tells me that if it was, it would already be done, but who knows.

Thanks for the feedback.

TC

Back