Aircamper??

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Nevermind, I was looking for SteveR's name, but I (obviously) found it!

Wanted to tell him I bought an Aircamper project! :D

Last edited:
Oh my God, Tom; you're becoming one of us - the homebuilders? Welcome, and my condolences. Have fun! How complete is your "project"?

Aircamper? I gotta read up on it, sounds neat!

Tom - you'se gonna love it!

edit: Oh, its a piet. Thought it might be like a flying RV.

The fuselage is on its gear, about 80% complete (it uses a Cub gear), with most of the stuff done. The ribs are done, except for about 5 of them. Everything else is mine to do! The link below shows some pics of the beast - I really like parasols, so this is a good fit for me, I think. It comes with all the wood necessary to finish the plane, plus most of a C65 engine.

It's not a piet, but rather a Grega GN-1, an update on the Pietenpol design, so I could use Piper wings if I wanted to do so.

This is a link to the website of a previous owner of the project, showing the photos he took when he bought it. The guy kept the wings, and what I have are the ribs he made - our local tech counselor knows this fella and says he does good work. The guy obviously liked the work the original builder of the project did, as he kept the wings to use on his own project.

http://www.imagedv.com/aircamper/log/image-pages/03-02-04b.htm

Aircamper? I gotta read up on it, sounds neat!

Tom - you'se gonna love it!

edit: Oh, its a piet. Thought it might be like a flying RV.
Yeah - I'd LOVE something I could use like a flying recreational vehicle - I'm thinking a Caravan would be PERFECT. If I could afford to buy it. :no: If I could afford to feed it. :no:

Yeah - I'd LOVE something I could use like a flying recreational vehicle - I'm thinking a Caravan would be PERFECT. If I could afford to buy it. :no: If I could afford to feed it. :no:

If given sufficient buckets of money, I'd do some kind of flying camper with a Beech 18.

Back