Airbus 380 Giant of the Sky - Demonstration of maneuverability

That's cool. But I bet he is very low on fuel and has absolutely nothing behind the cockpit.

Not as impressive as the hard landing at Oshkosh:

Thing's built like a brick ****house, I'll grant you that.

from most of the airline crosswind landings I have seen, it looks like they just stick it on in a crab and let the landing gear take the punishment .. vs trying to land in a slip with one wing low

from most of the airline crosswind landings I have seen, it looks like they just stick it on in a crab and let the landing gear take the punishment .. vs trying to land in a slip with one wing low

Some of us try very hard to line it up. But there comes a point where you have to accept the crab. Something above 30 knots and we do a combination of slip and crab.

Some of us try very hard to line it up. But there comes a point where you have to accept the crab. Something above 30 knots and we do a combination of slip and crab.

I've noticed that those with taildragger time seem to do a better job than those without. The 737s with CFM engines were a pain in the neck to land due to the low engine cleareance and bank angle limits at touchdown. Luckily, the main gear would castor a few degrees and this would help mitigate some of the effects.

Back