Airborne Firefighting Game

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
http://www.onemorelevel.com/games.php?game=76

It's in french, but fairly straightforward...

Left/Right - Decrease/Increase Throttle (Needs to be in Blue area to scoop water)
Up/Down - Forward/Back Yoke
Space - Dump Water

Feu at the top indicates fire strength.

Don't hit birds, trees, or go too far into the water. You'll need to speed up when possible to keep the fires under control since they'll regain strength.

Good luck! :D

Damn. That's addicting.

Hmm, I've played this in English somewhere before....good game though

Hmm, I've played this in English somewhere before....good game though

Dude! Where did you get that "Hindenburg" photo? That is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks!

MM

Dude! Where did you get that "Hindenburg" photo? That is the funniest thing I've seen in weeks!

MM

Was from a Something Awful Photoshop contest. I laughed for a long time, so I figgered I'd use it.

well it does have two more engines than you are used to!! I managed a couple of partial fills but still seem to be unable to get the tanks completely filled up.

Hint: You don't have to get the tank COMPLETELY filled up. If you get it 75% or so, you can make a low pass over the fire (be sure not to hit the birds) and get the majority of the fire out. Then, just fly high over the water and don't worry about refilling. It is possible to get the first fire out in 3 good passes off of one fill of water..

.... or at least that's what I heard... I haven't played for an extended period of time or anything.. :rolleyes:

Has anyone beat level 3 yet?

It is possible to get the first fire out in 3 good passes off of one fill of water..

You can do it in two passes. One good pass will drop it to about 32%

You can do it in two passes. One good pass will drop it to about 32%

Really?? I figured it was possible. The lowest I've gotten it was down to about 45% on the first pass. Haven't gotten past level 2 yet, though.

Jeez, I'm having a tough time even filling up the tanks (not to full, just at all!). It seems like you have to skim the water and lift off repeatedly. The slightest bit too much of nose down and the plane sinks into the water.

Seems like the trick is (at the start): Nose down just a bit, throttle back into the blue range, then leave the throttle alone and concentrate on pitch. Given my lack of success, this may or may not be good advice. :redface:

I'll take a screen shot of level 4 once I get to it....Give me a few minutes :)

Ugh. Level 3 is hard. I have laundry to do--must go get change. I will play some more later....damn game. The secret to this is to not overcorrect. There is a lot of inertia.

I'm glad you all are enjoying it :D I've not really had the time to play it, been moving into the new apartment. Whew. :D

level4.jpg

I made it to level 4. You all are jealous. It's going to take me some time to make level 5 though.. 4 is TRICKY.

Back