Air Tanker Alert Notice

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
Thought folks might find this Alert Notice interesting. The pilot survived. I've had tankers go overhead before but they stayed up there.:eek:

Attachments

• Safety_alert_flight_path.pdf
    887.3 KB · Views: 544
The base is near Meeker too, isn't it Eric? Glad the pilot survived.

The base is near Meeker too, isn't it Eric? Glad the pilot survived.

Grand Junction is the nearest permanent base but they move a portable reload base to reduce the turn around time on the Air Tractors. The State has two based at FNL. Not sure where this ship was from.

When I was fighting forest fires for BLM back in the late 70's in Colorado, we lost 3 aircraft on one fire. A C-119 JATO, and I want to say the other two were both B-25's.

It was NOT uncommon at that time for the tankers to drop their loads over areas where we were working on the ground. I'm glad to hear that policy is now not to drop too closely to the ground crews. That red elephant snot called PHOSCHEK is a real PIA to clean off yourself and your equipment!

Very happy to hear the pilot survived, and no one on the ground was injured.

That red elephant snot called PHOSCHEK is a real PIA to clean off yourself and your equipment!

Very happy to hear the pilot survived, and no one on the ground was injured.

My boots are still reddish and I haven't been on the line for years.:)

802 was on approach, no word yet on what went wrong. I'll post some pics if I can. Cockpit and half the tail were together, everything else was pieces with red everywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back