Air Purifiers

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Anyone here have any experience with air purifiers? My parents had one when I was a toddler (I have asthma, which is very allergy driven). Arizona is one of the worst states for allergies, so my wife and I have thought about getting 1 or 2 air purifiers for our condo. Plan is to put one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I need to figure out the square footage of those rooms when I get home today. The living room is quite large and is attached to the dining area and kitchen, so it is a big space. I would likely just take the measurements of the living room and not consider the attached dining area and kitchen.

At this point I am looking at good quality air purifiers such as the Blueair Classic series. Not exactly cheap, but good quality. Honeywell has some air purifiers as well, but I hear they can be quite loud, which is an automatic no go.

Anyways, not sure if anyone has any feedback, but figure I'd ask.

Thanks.

Anyone here have any experience with air purifiers? My parents had one when I was a toddler (I have asthma, which is very allergy driven). Arizona is one of the worst states for allergies, so my wife and I have thought about getting 1 or 2 air purifiers for our condo. Plan is to put one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I need to figure out the square footage of those rooms when I get home today. The living room is quite large and is attached to the dining area and kitchen, so it is a big space. I would likely just take the measurements of the living room and not consider the attached dining area and kitchen.

At this point I am looking at good quality air purifiers such as the Blueair Classic series. Not exactly cheap, but good quality. Honeywell has some air purifiers as well, but I hear they can be quite loud, which is an automatic no go.

Anyways, not sure if anyone has any feedback, but figure I'd ask.

Thanks.
The best ones are either Hepa Filters or electronic.
The HEPA ones do a good job, but they are a pain to maintain. You have to keep cleaning and replacing expensive filters.
My allergist warned me against ozone generators, so my HVAC contractors recommended this one (a whole house filter):

http://www.airoasis.com/shop/air-oasis-bi-polar/

It was around $600 installed, but I think it has been amazing. I can breathe much better now, especially at night when I used to have the most trouble. With this unit, I don't even need my CPAP machine any more.

I have tried various portable filters with no noticable effect. Even when I put them in several rooms.

The bi-polar goes in the central heat pump air handling unit and you cannot hear it at all.

The best ones are either Hepa Filters or electronic.
The HEPA ones do a good job, but they are a pain to maintain. You have to keep cleaning and replacing expensive filters.
My allergist warned me against ozone generators, so my HVAC contractors recommended this one (a whole house filter):

http://www.airoasis.com/shop/air-oasis-bi-polar/

It was around $600 installed, but I think it has been amazing. I can breathe much better now, especially at night when I used to have the most trouble. With this unit, I don't even need my CPAP machine any more.

I have tried various portable filters with no noticable effect. Even when I put them in several rooms.

The bi-polar goes in the central heat pump air handling unit and you cannot hear it at all.

Interesting...never thought of doing it that way. I will have to check that out.

Back