Air Marshals charged

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3654848.html

So, I can't quite tell if it was their idea originall, or the idea was strongly planted in their minds by others. Sad deal, either way. The really sad deal is, just like other Law Enforcement positions, they earn a relatively small salary and bust bad guys who are making huge money. It's got to be an enormous daily temptation. Sure glad most take the moral high ground and those who don't are weeded out.

IMHO its not sad but enraging. They violated the public trust and just as bad violated the trust of their fellow officers. Lots of jobs have lots of temptations. How do these jokers know there wasn't a bomb or weapons concealed in the packages. No Sympathy here.

bad cops make other cops look bad.

I hope this story doesn't get a lot of play, because I'd hate to see the Air Marshals as a whole have their rep tainted.

gkainz said:
The really sad deal is, just like other Law Enforcement positions, they earn a relatively small salary and bust bad guys who are making huge money. It's got to be an enormous daily temptation. Sure glad most take the moral high ground and those who don't are weeded out.

I have no sympathy for them.. and as for LEO jobs go, they get paid pretty good. I interviewed an ex-air marshal not long ago who was making 85k a year when he left the service (voluntarily). Compare that to local small town cops who would jump at the chance to make 25-30k a year and resist temptation just fine and sympathy for those marshal's "low" salaries disappears pretty quick.

Back