Air force's anti-sexual assault officer charged with, yep, you guessed it...

Not surprised. Think of the qualifications one would have to have for that job. (e.g. it takes one to know one.)

What you resist, you become.

I saw that story on the news this morning, I feel sorry for the lady he assaulted, but it was sorta funny that she beat the snot out of him. :D

Sure he was Tim. Some people are just born to be dirtbags and it surprising how many of them are in some kind of position of power.

And once the civil courts get done with him the military will serve their justice as well

-VanDy

absolute power corrupts absolutely

I doubt he had to much power other than issuing death by power point monthly training. If I was a betting man, I'd say there might be a reason he was driving the desk and not a unit as a lt col...

-VanDy

And once the civil courts get done with him the military will serve their justice as well

Well ... a few months ago the military justice system might have been over-ruled - consider the case of Lt. Gen. Susan J. Helms granting clemency to a convicted sex offender. Politically unwise now.

I think the real rub was the guilty case in Italy for sexual assault that the commanding officer overturned.

It has always been a good ole boy system and although the Navy has cleaned up their act (ie: Tail Hooks) the AF still has a ways to go. I can tell you so many stories from my short 4 years in the AF way back in the 80's. I thought a lot of it had been cleaned up but it doesn't look like it.

This kind of stuff makes the military such an easy target much like a few bad eggs can make us in GA an easy target.

The USAF has had their fair share of issues with this recently, and I would bet this scumbag is not going to get off so easy. I think, VanDy has it right as to why a lt col was doing this type of jobthjob, and he will be lucky if his punishment is loss of commission, and a dishonorable discharge. Anything that is perceived by the public as a slap on the wrist will be a unmitigated public relations nightmare for the USAF and the Obama administration...assuming he is guilty.

I saw that story on the news this morning, I feel sorry for the lady he assaulted, but it was sorta funny that she beat the snot out of him. :D
I thought the same thing when I saw his picture. Good for her. :thumbsup:

Personally, I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement and execution. This woman was obviously out tossing a few with him. I don't know what happened next, but if he grabbed both T&A and then went back for a second helping before aforementioned mucus expectorant, me thinks they were in close quarters and having a good time prior.

If anything, he's guilty of putting the cart before the horse and paid a price. Now the system is going after his wallet, bank account and life savings (figuratively speaking, and literally).

I do not condone sexual assault (I advocate public beheading for aggregious cases), but I'm also an advocate for 2-sides to every story.

dm22.jpg

Anyone that thinks an AF LtCol has absolute power, has their kollsman set incorrectly.

Do we have any reason to believe that this was a question of power. As I understand it, this was a crime against a civilian, the local prosecutor has indicated that he won't hand the case to the military for them to whitewash the guy.

Well that's two that don't think a Lt Col has much power. Do I assume your military carreers took you to a point above Full Bird Col?

Well that's two that don't think a Lt Col has much power. Do I assume your military carreers took you to a point above Full Bird Col?

His power is limited to those under his command, not to some girl he meets in a bar on 23rd. Unless his alledged misconduct involves a lower ranking member of the military, I just don't see how 'power' comes into the equation.

I have some friends in the military, one of them a LtCol living in Arlington. If we hang out, he has no more power over me and my family than anyone else we meet at the church picknick.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the point of my comment. As a Lt Col this guy has 13 ranks that are below him compared to 5 ranks above him. These five ranks include Colonel and one, two, three, and four star generals.

I speak from experience in that he feels he has some power and is above some levels of scrutiny based solely upon his rank. It is just a fact of life and while he had no authority over a civilian I am pretty sure he would not see it that way, otherwise his hands would have been in his pockets. Also as Jaybird said it has yet to be proven. All of us are nothing more than arm chair quarterbacks basing our opinions on what we see and read in our unbiased media. Lets hope he and the young woman see a fair trial and that justice is served.

I speak from experience in that he feels he has some power and is above some levels of scrutiny based solely upon his rank. It is just a fact of life and while he had no authority over a civilian I am pretty sure he would not see it that way, otherwise his hands would have been in his pockets..

The only thing that is a fact of life is that people tend to extrapolate their own biases into general rules. While I am not privy to how people 'feel' every higher ranking officer I deal with on a social basis has been humble and normal with their position in the military being a non isssue.
What this guy did seems to fall mostly into the category of drunken idiocy, while the military has a lot of practice, they sure don't have a monopoly.

The local prosecutor not 'handing it off' to the military does not prevent the military from taking disciplinary action.

Do we have any reason to believe that this was a question of power. As I understand it, this was a crime against a civilian, the local prosecutor has indicated that he won't hand the case to the military for them to whitewash the guy.

-VanDy

Well, he is in the Air Force.... Now a Lt Col in the Marines... The discipline and customs in the Marines are a bit different. The whole mentality actually....

I think you are missing the point of my comment. As a Lt Col this guy has 13 ranks that are below him compared to 5 ranks above him. These five ranks include Colonel and one, two, three, and four star generals.

I speak from experience in that he feels he has some power and is above some levels of scrutiny based solely upon his rank. It is just a fact of life and while he had no authority over a civilian I am pretty sure he would not see it that way, otherwise his hands would have been in his pockets. Also as Jaybird said it has yet to be proven. All of us are nothing more than arm chair quarterbacks basing our opinions on what we see and read in our unbiased media. Lets hope he and the young woman see a fair trial and that justice is served.

-VanDy

The local prosecutor not 'handing it off' to the military does not prevent the military from taking disciplinary action.

And the military doing so won't preclude the VA courts from prosecuting him.

If this guy is innocent, it is going to be real hard for him to get a fair deal no matter what. This is going to snowball in the court of public opinion, and he will probably become a scapegoat for every sexual assault that occurred in the military since the founding of the USA. Sexual misbehavior in the military is a hot topic today and he has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion thanks to the internet.

I do not believe the present administration and the USAF can afford the perception of this guy getting off. If he is innocent, hopefully I am wrong.

If he is guilty then tar and feather him and have him walk the plank off a transport plane at altitude.

Back