Air Force pilot & FAA license

AMH

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
AMH
Hello guys,

What’s the requirements to get a commercial FAA license with back ground of F-15 flying hours ?

Please if someone can explain this paragraph with an example :

• (i) Before the date of the application, passing an official U.S. military pilot and instrument proficiency check in a military aircraft of the kind of aircraft category, class, and type, if class or type of aircraft is applicable, for the ratings sought; or
Thank you all .

Hello guys,

What’s the requirements to get a commercial FAA license with back ground of F-15 flying hours ?

Please if someone can explain this paragraph with an example :

• (i) Before the date of the application, passing an official U.S. military pilot and instrument proficiency check in a military aircraft of the kind of aircraft category, class, and type, if class or type of aircraft is applicable, for the ratings sought; or
Thank you all .
You will qualify for the Military Competency for Commercial with the completion of the exam. F-15 doesn't matter, there is no civilian equilavent for a type rating. The multi will depend of what you've been qualified in but if just the T-38 and F-15, then you'll have a centerline restriction that can be removed only by demonstrating competence in an aircraft or pursuing a type rating that removes the restriction. You'll also need to schedule a visit to the FSDO after taking the test. I would guess that Baseops.net would have some good gouge on the process. I recommend Sheppard Air.

You will qualify for the Military Competency for Commercial with the completion of the exam. F-15 doesn't matter, there is no civilian equilavent for a type rating. The multi will depend of what you've been qualified in but if just the T-38 and F-15, then you'll have a centerline restriction that can be removed only by demonstrating competence in an aircraft or pursuing a type rating that removes the restriction. You'll also need to schedule a visit to the FSDO after taking the test. I would guess that Baseops.net would have some good gouge on the process. I recommend Sheppard Air.

Or!! He can fly Skymasters for a living...

Removing the restriction : you mean to get a type rating on a king air for example we’ll solve the issue?

Thank so much

I can't offer too much insight, but I do know you'll run into problems with centerline thrust restrictions when seeking your commercial with the F-15. There is some discussion on that in this thread: https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/military/7129-centerline-thrust.html

Here is another good resource. http://aptap.org/. There is a lot of talk about RW on that site, but does mention fixed wing.

Edit: Dang Cooter beat me to it.
Thank so much for the resources

Removing the restriction : you mean to get a type rating on a king air for example we’ll solve the issue?

Thank so much
No type for a King Air (except the big ones that are over 12,500 pounds). Certainly a King Air could be used to demonstrate competence though. Just about any twin with the engine thingies a ways out on the wings would work.

No type for a King Air (except the big ones that are over 12,500 pounds). Certainly a King Air could be used to demonstrate competence though. Just about any twin with the engine thingies a ways out on the wings would work.

Thank you I got the point

Thank so much
I was thinking Type towards the ATP. But even if it's just the type rating, you could probably work it out to have the company do what's necessary to get the restriction removed when you do the checkride. I would work that out beforehand though just to be sure. Doing the demonstration to remove it is easy enough too, if you go that route. It's been quite a while since I dealt with that so ask around the squadron to get the latest.

I was thinking Type towards the ATP. But even if it's just the type rating, you could probably work it out to have the company do what's necessary to get the restriction removed when you do the checkride. I would work that out beforehand though just to be sure. Doing the demonstration to remove it is easy enough too, if you go that route. It's been quite a while since I dealt with that so ask around the squadron to get the latest.

Thank you so much

Centerline thrust is no longer an issue for F/A-18 dudes. I imagine the same is true for the F-15.

Has there been a recent change in policy by the FAA? Do I need to visit the FSDO to remove my AMEL limitation?
The issue has been around having a published Vmc, which the fighters have not had. I hadn't heard that the restrictions are being removed although some I know have been able to find a friendly FSDO that would remove the restriction. I'm curious to hear what has changed.

I had to get my CL thrust restriction removed before going to Flight Safety for the KA350 course when I went to do the MC-12. Bit of a pain in the @$$ and ridiculously easy after all the training you've gone through. I'd been an Eagle IP for more than 6 years at the time. The biggest pain is the $600 checkride and the $250+ per hour to rent the twin for a few hours to do the checkride.

But I got my Commercial, multi-engine and instrument from the mil equivalency test via Sheppard Air.

Back