Air Force onto FastEddieB

Testing above 500 ft? Great, just fly at 50 ft then. I don’t think the feds are embarrassed by the gyro incident. They’ve already had a C150 and a Huey land on the White House lawn before.

I keep saying it, if it absolutely, positively has to be delivered without being seen, buy a Velocity. ;)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hiding-in-plane-sight/

Last edited:
Ya know, Fast Eddie ain't far from Oak Ridge TN, where all that classified nuc stuff is done, and supercomputers and stuff.

images

Yeah, ever since they got that stoopid tv show about making duck calls with Uncle Sy. That **** got old quick! :D

Lol I must've missed out on that show. Never heard of it. Do like Unc Sy though, jack.

When the UH-1 was landed on the White House lawn the Army’s solution was to put an on off ignition key on all aircraft and a do not duplicate on the keys...for years every single key was the same for Bell Aircraft ...sort of like 1008 and 1009 vehicles we drove at the time with all ignition keys the same...with two keys you could fly anything and then borrow a vehicle...the end result ended with chains and padlocks around steering wheels to stop unauthorized use...I still have a set of keys...but well past the statute of limitations...

When the UH-1 was landed on the White House lawn the Army’s solution was to put an on off ignition key on all aircraft and a do not duplicate on the keys...for years every single key was the same for Bell Aircraft ...sort of like 1008 and 1009 vehicles we drove at the time with all ignition keys the same...with two keys you could fly anything and then borrow a vehicle...the end result ended with chains and padlocks around steering wheels to stop unauthorized use...I still have a set of keys...but well past the statute of limitations...

Lol! I never knew that. Sounds like the Army though. Never even heard about the Huey White House story until I read an article in Air & Space a couple years ago. Dude’s lucky to be alive!

http://fly.historicwings.com/2013/02/shot-down-at-the-white-house/

The Vietnam War was winding down and the US withdrawal was largely complete, leaving the South Vietnamese military to fight against the North. For PFC Preston, he was concerned that he might have missed the big show, but nonetheless continued to pursue his dream.

that's certainly interesting phraseology...

Have ya seen the bunker he’s building? Calling it a pole barn! Ha! He’s plannin’ sumtin’.

Let’s be very clear...

IT IS A POLE BARN!!!*

It is NOT a Command and Control Bunker!

It is NOT an Evil Lair!

Believe me!

*Poles optional. Though for some reason Karen is insisting on at least one.

Let’s be very clear...

IT IS A POLE BARN!!!*

It is NOT an Evil Lair!

Believe me!

Ha! Poles are in Poland! Yer sooooo busted on this one. Don’t feel bad though, social media has been the downfall of many would-be world conquers.

Lol! I never knew that. Sounds like the Army though. Never even heard about the Huey White House story until I read an article in Air & Space a couple years ago. Dude’s lucky to be alive!

http://fly.historicwings.com/2013/02/shot-down-at-the-white-house/

I was in high school when this happened and heard about it then. I have also read or heard several references to it since but that linked story is the most detailed account I have seen on it. Very interesting. Thanks for posting the link.

Sounds like the guy was an exceptional pilot which brings up a question for the CFIs on here. Have you ever had a really great VFR student with great stick and rudder skills who struggled greatly with instrument flying? If so, how were you and the student able to overcome it if you did manage to?

Let’s be very clear...

IT IS A POLE BARN!!!*

It is NOT an Evil Lair!

Believe me!

So why did you order those camouflage patterned shingles?

So why did you order those camouflage patterned shingles?
Have ya ever seen a barn deliberately buried in a hill? Cheyenne mountain wannabe fer sure.

Crap.

Now I'll have to disclose my association with FastEddieB the next time I do the 5-year update on my security clearance.

It'll probably be denied.

I'll lose my job. And my pension. My wife will leave me. No more flying. I won't be able to find new employment. I'll become a homeless panhandler.

Thanks a helluva lot, Eddie.

Back