Air ambulance accident rates

I'd read the article, but all I get is ads.

Sorry about that. I guess because it is a Medscape article you have to register to read it. That is free but I can understand if people don’t want to do that.

It is safer than GA, but I suspect even non-aviation professional writers, such as the author of that article, compare to the accident rate for part 121 operations, which are much safer than GA or Medevac.

Certainly a risk benefit trade off in terms of getting to the hospital more quickly vs risk of a crash and cost.

It is safer than GA, but I suspect even non-aviation professional writers, such as the author of that article, compare to the accident rate for part 121 operations, which are much safer than GA or Medevac.

Certainly a risk benefit trade off in terms of getting to the hospital more quickly vs risk of a crash and cost.
I know a couple of people that have had helicopter rides from accidents to the hospital, which they thought was cool, but perhaps not necesary (I live less than 1 nm from a major hospital, I see that bird several times a day.) I'm not sure how much time it can really save unless one is out in the boonies, so it seems they use it just to use it. I'm gonna ask to see if it shows up on their medical bills (I know our local ambulance, run by the township fire department, does not.)

Back