AIM...can't connect

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Well this is the problem...

ISP: SBC Yahoo DSL (Also using a Linksys wireless router)
AIM: Version 5.9.3861
Error Message: The AIM service cannot be reached.

AIM says it's a problem with the AIM host computers, but many of my friends say that their AIM is working properly. This happens about 75% of the time I sign on. When this happens, it makes me revert to using AOL (really really bad IMO). I've tried trillian, but that doesn't like me either :dunno:

Any suggestions? Proxies? SBC Yahoo didn't help me one bit when I spoke with them and I have filed bug reports with AIM, but that clearly indicates you won't recieve responces.

I'm getting really frustrated :dunno:...any help please? :(

Jason
AIM: HPNPilot1200

HPNPilot1200 said:
Well this is the problem...

ISP: SBC Yahoo DSL (Also using a Linksys wireless router)
AIM: Version 5.9.3861
Error Message: The AIM service cannot be reached.

AIM says it's a problem with the AIM host computers, but many of my friends say that their AIM is working properly. This happens about 75% of the time I sign on. When this happens, it makes me revert to using AOL (really really bad IMO). I've tried trillian, but that doesn't like me either :dunno:

Any suggestions? Proxies? SBC Yahoo didn't help me one bit when I spoke with them and I have filed bug reports with AIM, but that clearly indicates you won't recieve responces.

I'm getting really frustrated :dunno:...any help please? :(

Jason
AIM: HPNPilot1200

You may need to set up port forwarding for ports 4099 and 5190 as TCP. Could be the problem since you are behind a router.

NickDBrennan said:
You may need to set up port forwarding for ports 4099 and 5190 as TCP. Could be the problem since you are behind a router.
Well Nick...after resetting the router following the port fowarding changes it worked! :hairraise:

Now lets wait and see if it cooperates again tomrorow and the next day and then next...:rofl:

Last edited:
Back