AH1 Cobra crashes during the filming of Top Gear

I like Top Gear. I haven't seen much of the U.S. version, but I have seen tons made by the blokes across the pond.

Good stuff. A bit produced and set up at times, but still great entertainment.

"Hey man, watch this!"

Glad nobody was seriously injured.

This is the US version? Guy wasn't even speaking English! Nice that they ruined a multimillion dollar helicopter to film their little show. Your tax dollar at work. Glad no noe was hurt though.

Korean, pilot reported controls jammed and he was reaching for the emergency hydraulics at impact.

I buy it as the arc of the turn was constant from start to impact.

This is the US version? Guy wasn't even speaking English! Nice that they ruined a multimillion dollar helicopter to film their little show. Your tax dollar at work. Glad no noe was hurt though.

I am not convinced it was a government asset because of the civilian pilot (beard.)

David

It was a civilian owned and operated aircraft. I think it was the Korean version of Top Gear.

No. While filmed in the US, it was (as posted later) the Korean Top Gear, and the helicopter was one of only a handful of privately owned ones.

Who privately owns a Cobra? That is pretty awesome...

The U.S. Army has not had active AH-1S Cobra's for quite some time.

At 1:24, I think that is Korean for 'Oh SH*T!'

Also, I did not know the CMP sold AH-1Ss! I need one.

Glad everyone is OK.

Awesome show on the Original (UK) version last week - Had some of the "top gun" Marchettis strafing the boys with lasers as they were driving around Willow Springs. Beautiful cars (except for the Viper) and airplanes...

Can't believe their showing it on Korea now, I guess BBC forgot to copyright it.

Awesome show on the Original (UK) version last week - Had some of the "top gun" Marchettis strafing the boys with lasers as they were driving around Willow Springs. Beautiful cars (except for the Viper) and airplanes...

:yes:

Just curious, question for those that know - didn't he turn around and fly back into his own disturbed air?

This guy (the helo pilot) flew that cobra in Austin Powers as well.

I think he was also the bad guy in that terrible Nicholas Cage (redundant I know) Apache movie.

I like Top Gear. I haven't seen much of the U.S. version, but I have seen tons made by the blokes across the pond.

Good stuff. A bit produced and set up at times, but still great entertainment.

You don't want to see much of the US version, it's awful.

Back