Ah, the retracts! Gotta love them

Talk about desperation! :yikes: I'm not sure whether that is possible in the 177RG... pretty sure the master reservoir is in the tailcone, and the smaller cylinders up front only feed the brakes. I could have that wrong though.

Sure am glad I don't have to worry about hydraulic fluid levels, power packs and gear transmisions. All I've got is a single electric motor and a solic mechanical linkage with all three wheels. If the motor doesn't move it, I can crank them down. Basicly, Mooney cut off the Johnson bar and added the motor. The original was simole, and so js the electric version.

Yeah and that Mooney no back spring AD on the electric gear. If you need to have it done you'll be amazed at how a small spring can cost as much as it does. I've owned both types of mooneys and prefer the bar.

Funny thing about airplanes is the fastest single piston production plane has fixed gear.

I've got the johnson bar. Gotta love its simplicity. Downside is no emergency plan B. You're landing on the belly if it fails. lol

Yeah, well if that fails, the gear is just outright broken anyway. The early Mooney manual gear is almost bullet proof. No backup is needed.

TTx, right? I think the Mooney Acclaim is right behind it though.

No, it’s ahead, and TTx speed is based on 85% power instead of standard 75%. Heck, the Acclaim will do 236Knt LOP,75% sipping 18.3 gph.

Moot point, I don't have a million to spend on a airplane. Used to be the Columbia but it may be out of production.

Back