Ah, I love these gas prices...

kenjr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KenJr
...took my bro-in-law on a sightseeing tour over downtown Austin, Lake Travis and the hill country and back tonight around sunset. Logged 1.3 hours and it cost me $35 at the pumps afterwards to put the plane back in the hangar full.

We've had some crappy weather here the last couple weeks...my airport (KGTU) was buzzing this evening when we showed up. Awesome.

That $100 burger may be about a $45 burger these days, at least down my way. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Jet A....2.95 at French Valley(KF70)...wahoo!!!

YMMV.

And dropping slowly but in the right direction!!:D

Last edited:
Ken, I imagine it is even lower out there at LLano.
Do you know what they are at?

The 2 times I have been there, the price was less than published.
They keep it low.

At least if we're going to wage war on Russia, Venezuela and somewhat Canada, at least we can enjoy it more than our occupations in the Mid East.

Ken, I imagine it is even lower out there at LLano.
Do you know what they are at?

The 2 times I have been there, the price was less than published.
They keep it low.

Nope KGTU (my home field) is the lowest around right now...I'd assume because we're going through it faster than they are over at KAQO. But you're right, Llano is usually the cheapest around.

100LL was $3.80 at my home field last weekend for the monthly gas promotion we have.

$1.97/gal no-Eth. Sweet.

100LL around central Ohio seems to be around $5.79 or so a gallon right now. Not much benefit here. I have seen Jet-A for $4.50 and over $6.00 to. Not sure why the big variance.

David

My home field KHSD (Oklahoma City) apparently is one of the lowests in the country, Yesterday was $3.23 for 100LL. When it's nice out it becomes quite a busy airport with people stopping in for fuel.

My home field KHSD (Oklahoma City) apparently is one of the lowests in the country, Yesterday was $3.23 for 100LL. When it's nice out it becomes quite a busy airport with people stopping in for fuel.

$3.23 makes filling up the Baron look like a single!

100LL around central Ohio seems to be around $5.79 or so a gallon right now. Not much benefit here. I have seen Jet-A for $4.50 and over $6.00 to. Not sure why the big variance.

David

The bigger airports (esp the class C and B types) gas prices are ridiculous. I'm about 30 miles north of Austin and the gas up here is almost half the price. I know it's more expensive to operate off a bigger airport but come on. Perhaps it's a tactic to keep the riff raff away...the people that do have to land pay the price and make up for all the people that went somewhere else for reasonably priced gas. :dunno:

$4.10 for 100LL at Petaluma. Decent prices and California weather. :goofy:
Heck, even my home airport, where all the wealth is, is $4.69.
Lots of others in the low 4 dollar range.

Last edited:
Colusa, Byron and San Carlos at around $4.40/gal for 100LL fuel cheapest in NorCal.

Maybe people will fly more.... If I could find the time, I'd be up buring some lead.

$3.97/gal here at KSPA...just went down from 4.14/gal....thats self serve. Love it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1.97/gal no-Eth. Sweet.

:lol: wow, shows what perspective does. Back in the early 90s 100LL hit $1.75 on the field ($1.25 in Corona) so my buddies and I bought a fuel truck. Now over twice that has people jumping for joy.

I'm loving the lower gas prices for all of my vehicles, both airplane and auto. Auto fuel is down to $1.83 here and my last 100LL fill-up was $4.08.

Flew three days this week,have to take advantage of the current prices. Get those long cross countries going. Non ethanol boat gas down to 3.18 gal. Between the boat and the plane,love being retired.

Still gettin' butt raped on avgas here in MI

Why haven't rental prices dropped!?

I like the feature on skyvector that shows gas prices on the map.

Because people don't constantly adjust rental rates like pump prices. Most folks are waiting to see how long fuel will stay at current prices.

Plus, people don't typically raise rental rates at the first sign that fuel prices go up.

Because people don't constantly adjust rental rates like pump prices. Most folks are waiting to see how long fuel will stay at current prices.

Plus, people don't typically raise rental rates at the first sign that fuel prices go up.

They sure as hell add a fuel surcharge though.

I understand that AV fuel is only refined in one place - that will keep prices high I suppose.

They sure as hell add a fuel surcharge though.
I've been watching the fuel prices closely trying to see if we'll be able to drop our prices. Our local fuel price hasn't really changed yet so nothing yet. If the drop actually happens here and is sustained for a bit I'll drop prices to maintain the same margin.

Problem is it's easy to lower prices but it's hard to raise prices. Perception really.

I'm not a fan of the fuel surcharge concept and don't plan on doing it. I'll just adjust the base rental rate as fuel fluctuates.

It'd be easier if I could "lock in" at a certain quarterly fuel rate.

The club I'm about to join constantly changes their rental pricing - mainly because fuel is included in the price. A 150 is going for less that $100/hr at the moment...

Back