Age is catching up, Need advice Dr Bruce

U

Unregistered

While overseas on business I passed a kidney stone. During the emergency room visit and afterwards I have been told I have

1 – More Kidney Stones
2 – High Blood pressure
3 – Arterial fibrillation (during passing the stone)
4 – High blood sugar.

To return to work my Company required me to

1 – Be Kidney Stone free.
2 – Bring my Blood pressure down – I was still higher in the follow up exam overseas than my normal blood pressure pre Emg room visit. I have been on average 137/88, at the upper limit, when I have taken it at home and the same for the 4 physicals I have had in the last 2 years. I was 153/93 in the exam I had overseas after passing the stone.
3 – Perform a 24 Hr Holter monitor test to check my heart.
4 – Bring my Blood Sugar down. It showed 255 and 8.2 for the A1c.

So in the last 7 weeks I have,

1 – For the Kidney Stones, been to a Urologist, Had a CT scan and had two stones removed, one from each Kidney. Then a KUB with a final release stating that I am stone free. I have been counseled about diet and the stones have been sent off for analysis, 4 to 6 weeks till report is returned.

2 – For my blood pressure I have started medication – 40mg Lisinopril once a day and 25mg Metoprolol twice a day and one aspirin. Average is now 102/70.

3 – For the heart check up I performed a 48 hr Holter as required by the Cardiologist I went to. After examining the chart of my Fibrillation in the hospital overseas I brought with me she stated I did not have Fibrillation but Flutter when I was passing the stone. During the 48 Hr Holter one incident of transient STV was noted but she said it was not a worry??? She also had me do a Nuclear Stress test with a Bruce protocol to 136bpm and an Echo Cardiogram along with the Electric Cardiogram. From what I understand my heart does not show any dead areas, it is slightly enlarged on the left side and my ascending aorta is slightly enlarged by 1mm, both attributed to high blood pressure. I was counseled to get my sugar and blood pressure under control along with diet and exercise and weight loss.

4 – For my Blood Sugar I am now on Metformin 500mg twice a day, watching my diet, exercising and monitoring my daily sugar, which is now between 90 and 106 in the morning, 10 hour fast. I was told it will take 3 months to see what my A1c does in regards to the medication so I will not know till the end of February on this.

I am exercising, watching my diet and have lost 20Lbs since this happened, I am 60 years old, 6’5” and weigh 245 now. (BMI of 29 yeah!!)

After reading as many threads as I can on POA it seems there are time limits on some of the tests I have done and I may not have had them done to the right level. All this happened in the last three weeks of November with the Cardiologist tests performed around Nov 19 – 21. I won’t do my A1c again till the end of February beginning of March.

So after you have read all this my question is what is the best way to present this to my AME and through him to the FAA? Send in the Kidney Stone work while I wait on the rest? turn in the heart work and blood pressure work too? Should I wait till i have my Sugar down and ready to submit? Will I have to redo any tests if I wait to turn them in while I get my sugar down? Will any of these situations result in a permanent denial of my 3rd Class Medical? I realize I am grounded till I get things in order. Will any or better yet which of these conditions will require a yearly renewal of my 3rd Class? Anything else I need to have ready to get my 3rd class Medical back?

Thanks for any advice.

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year too.

I'm baffled. Why on earth would anyone (even anonymously) post detailed medical information on a public board? Very few people here have any medical background and a tiny, very tiny number have the medical background to discuss this intelligently.

I'm with Dr B - postings like this are absurd.

I'm baffled. Why on earth would anyone (even anonymously) post detailed medical information on a public board? Very few people here have any medical background and a tiny, very tiny number have the medical background to discuss this intelligently.

I'm with Dr B - postings like this are absurd.

It is kind of educational for the rest of us (other than one guy on an island inTexas) to see the symptoms and the process to keep things in the aviators favor.

There is value in the Unregistered function and inDr. Bruce's dispensed wisdom.

It is kind of educational for the rest of us (other than one guy on an island inTexas) to see the symptoms and the process to keep things in the aviators favor.

+ 1 the more info we have the better .

+ 1 the more info we have the better .

Agreed, but we don't need the snarky comments. :no:

Agreed, but we don't need the snarky comments. :no:

We don't need that. We also don't need a member who feels he needs to put down people/professions, with the frequency that he does, when he feels intellectually and morally superior to them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back