Ag pilot training - where in California?

D

David521

I'm looking for an ag pilot training school in California. :mad2:

Two questions:

1) Is it necessary to go to school to get trained or will they train you on the job?

2) Where is a good school in Southern California?

I'm looking for an ag pilot training school in California. :mad2:

Two questions:

1) Is it necessary to go to school to get trained or will they train you on the job?

2) Where is a good school in Southern California?

1) From what I have been told, yes you need the training or no Insurance Company will even look at you.

2) I don't know of any Ag Schools out that way.

There are a couple operators in the Santa Maria Valley. That's all I know, you'll have to prospect for further info on your own.

For schools, the closest I know is in Delano. It's a small operation and it's all hands on. Also, drive out to the SJ valley on Hwy 46 and start asking questions. Lots of contract applicators out there. Reedley airport manager may still be a good source of information.

It's been awhile since I knew anyone in aerial application so I'm afraid I'm not much help.

One word of advice though: these are guys who appreciate face time more than a phone call. Showing up in person means a heck of a lot more than an inquiring phone call. In fact, the fact you are there asking may mean you'll get info you wouldn't get over the phone.

Back