After 26 painful months

Leonard

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
79Y
I finally got approval to build a hangar last Friday. Started doing the dirt work that afternoon.
I know. Where's the photo. Will have to work on that tonight.

Last edited:
Very interesting project! This would make a serious follow along sage here on POA.

KIYA Abbeville LA 63 x 65 with future 63 X 65 addition Will do on the updates

Looking good... You are wasting no time... Are you afraid that they might revoke the permit?!?;):)

View attachment 44790 Now the part I hate...watching concrete dry in overcast wx .

Not sure what you meant by that. Maybe you were afraid it was going to rain...legitimate concern...but...

Otherwise, you'll have a stronger slab if it stays overcast and calm the first few day (better yet, it rains on day two and three) than you'd get if it was sunny and breezy.

The key to strong concrete is curing it slowly and evenly. I'm old school, I'll still set up sprinklers on the slab early the second day and keep it wet for the first three to five days.

I also wet down the gravel beneath the slab befor pouring (if not pouring over vasqueen which I hate doing). This keeps the dry gravel from sucking the moisture out of the bottom of the slab and drying it out too quickly.

TimW,
You are correct! Was just wanting to beat the showers we didn't expect,came close a few times during the pour.
Light little shower 3 hr after last trowel. And nothing but light rain for the next few days. Perfect for concrete curing

No name just date

Last edited:
Moving along well. I'm still not sure what brand of concrete sealer. Any experiences and recommendations would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 112
image.jpeg image.jpeg After three days of wind delay the roof and most of the trim was completed today. We'll start with the main door Friday, electrical Saturday, and overhead door next week. Hope to be in by end of month!

image.jpeg Installed the stack doors Friday. The header once the roof sheeting was on drooped 3/4" and caused a problem with the trim, but most of all, it was where the bolts needed to be drilled was right where the web of the H beam was. So we drilled another hole in the clip one inch lower and it worked out great. This only had to be done on two of the clips. Surprizing these 16' tall doors are very easy to operate and install.
Electrical is going slowly, but for the price my brother is charging me what's one more week!
The 14 x14' overhead door should be in this week would like to get it in before....see below...

My biggest concern is getting the floor etched and sealed. Then I start moving out of my rented hangar to this new home for N8279Y

image.jpeg 79Y moved in today!!!! Two months to the day after the slab was poured. Still have a week of electrical work (needed to get the floor finished first and put him off one week).
Used the HB -100 water proofer, the cleaning of the etcher was a BIG PITA! Normal concrete look, but should will be easy to clean.
Goal for tomorrow will be to move all tools from the rented hangar and clean it pristine for the new owner.
Then on the the honey dues that my bride has waited lovingly.

Mother of god, is that a mythical diesel Archer?!

PaulS,

I"ll furnish a place to fish,and stay, bait,booze, and the pot and cooking oil, you furnish the boat with poles and dynamite and gas. You and yours can stay in the 5th wheel.
WAIT! BYOB
Zaitcev,
Turbo-Toga
Rbridges,
Yes went from this
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, with all but the fire Marshalls' inspection. Power was turned on today. Gonna give them a call tomorrow for their approval.
What a nice birthday!

Back