AF1 = $181,757 per hour

Who elected those people for Congress with the mandate of "serve me in Congress"? No one actually votes for someone that they want to just sit with their thumb up their butt. They want them to bring home some of that money to their home district and/or state. That is our system.

Yeah, and it SUCKS. We need to start electing people who will DO THE RIGHT THING.

Devolved would mean it started as non-SZ to begin with. Since post #1 this has pretty much been a SZ topic. Like many threads this week politics has been in vogue outside of the SZ. But we have had some nice discussions about flying in the SZ. It has been bizaro week at PoA. :D:D

Can't disagree with that.

A President would have to fly AF1 around the circumference of the Earth 100 times to generate operating costs equal to the amount we spent on '08 Presidential campaign contributions, and that money was just spent on convincing each other who to vote for.

As usual, our outrageometer is set to "shuffle".
-harry

Using a site that is giving out 'facts' published by Annenberg is like a pack of wolves guarding the henhouse. Left wing covering their other left wing croonies..... :cool2::D They cannot even get the seat count right. Link is titled 200 seat. Then in the "facts" it's 50, then 45.... ???? WTF ?
The link said "200 seat" because that's what the original e-mail being spread around said. Here's another source debunking this myth, by the way.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

Without getting too political I would say there are plenty of reasons for people to disagree with Nancy Pelosi without making things up.

The link said "200 seat" because that's what the original e-mail being spread around said. Here's another source debunking this myth, by the way.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp

Without getting too political I would say there are plenty of reasons for people to disagree with Nancy Pelosi without making things up.

I agree on the Nancy Pelosi thing and people not liking her....

The article said she has used the 757 just ONCE......

I will dig around on the net but... I am pretty sure I might be able to come up with pics of her getting into/out of the 57 more then once.

To the best of my knowledge there are three 757's Tail # .001, 002 and 003..

Up until this point, anyway, I thought the image this country wanted to project was of being strong rather than frugal. I'm not saying I agree with one side or another, just pointing it out.
What I gather from the response of some people is we should send a picture of an eagle instead of a turkey.

Back