AeroShell Team member injured

Steve

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
For those of you who follow the airshow scene, some rather unfortunate news from the AeroShell Team T-6 act.

http://www.naat.net/News/AlanUpdate.html

AeroShell Aerobatic Team Lead Alan Henley was injured Tuesday night in an accident while playing with his children at his home in Birmingham, Alabama. A chin-up bar gave way while Henley was on it, resulting in a fall which caused severe injuries to his neck and head. He was taken to the University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital’s trauma unit, and remains there in ICU in serious but stable condition.

It appears Alan is paralyzed from the chest down, at least for the time being.

:(

Oh man! That's horrible!! Hopefully everything works out OK in the end.

There is something sickeningly wrong with the universe. Guy flies formation aerobatics for a living, and falls off a chin up bar. Hope they can make him all better.

I'm sorry he is injured. He needs to take the advice of Robert M. Hutchins, former President of the University of Chicago:
"Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes away."

I'm sorry he is injured. He needs to take the advice of Robert M. Hutchins, former President of the University of Chicago:
"Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes away."
I KNEW I attended that school for a reason!

And I'm really sorry to hear about Alan, and hope he makes a full recovery! How will this affect their appearance at AirVenture?

The official word is the team will fly a 3-ship routine during the week and honor all their sponsor commitments, including the ride contest.

Mary got to ride with Alan in a Stearman before he got involved with the T-6 many years ago. He's one of those natural flyers. I do well just to find the runway with the wheels.

I KNEW I attended that school for a reason!

And I'm really sorry to hear about Alan, and hope he makes a full recovery! How will this affect their appearance at AirVenture?

Glad to see his condition appears to be improving (in spite of his pessimism). We'll keep him in our thoughts.

Man Talk about fluke accdents, That sucks. A guy like that however that is determined is the one that is most likely to pull through this in the end.

Back