Aerodynamacists and Tattoos

wanttaja

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Wanttaja
Years ago, I met a retired Boeing aerodynamicist who had the lift equation tattooed on his arm. Mentioned it to another retiree lately, and he said that was a "thing" among aerodynamicists. Anybody else hear about this, or was it just perhaps a Boeing thing?

Ron Wanttaja

Years ago, I met a retired Boeing aerodynamicist who had the lift equation tattooed on his arm. Mentioned it to another retiree lately, and he said that was a "thing" among aerodynamicists. Anybody else hear about this, or was it just perhaps a Boeing thing?

Ron Wanttaja

It’s a Boeing thing. Lockheed engineers don’t need crib notes on their hands and arms.

I heard of a pilot that had the phrase
“Don’t forget to cancel your flight plan” tattooed on his forearm. Apparently he had once, and there was a fine.

as long as the tattoos are bernoulli related, since we all know it's bernoulli's principles that clearly explain lift.

:rollercoaster:

It’s a Boeing thing. Lockheed engineers don’t need crib notes on their hands and arms.
Explains why they're always done as a mirror image. :)

Always thought Don's tattoo was just one man's commemoration of a career. Was a bit surprised to be told that it actually had some tradition behind it.

I'm a retired space guy, not an aerodynamicist, so I had Tsiolkovsky's rocket equation tattooed on my arm last week instead.....

Ron Wanttaja

Here's the only tattoo I would put on my arm!

Passing-in-Left-Lane-201x300.jpg

Does anyone know how well white ink shows up on a tattoo?

Back