Aerobatic training

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
I'm really excited! I've scheduled a few days of training with Greg Koontz in my Citabria at his grass airfield in Alabama. It will be two days or more of intense training, enhanced by staying at the B&B on his grass strip and being at a homey rural environment similar to our farm. Can't wait!

http://www.skycountrylodge.com/

:)

Last edited:
That sounds like a great time to learn more and just have fun. I have always wanted to see his airshow in the Decathlon. I am sure you will but be sure to let us all know how it goes when you return.

Diana said:
I'm really excited! I've scheduled a few days of training with Greg Koontz in my Citabria at his grass airfield in Alabama. It will be two days or more of intense training, but will be tampered by staying at the B&B on his grass strip and being at a homey rural environment similar to our farm. Can't wait!

http://www.skycountrylodge.com/

Great!!! When are you going, Diana? :)

Diana said:
I'm really excited! I've scheduled a few days of training with Greg Koontz in my Citabria at his grass airfield in Alabama. :)

You lucky dog! Let me know what you learn!

Toby said:
Great!!! When are you going, Diana? :)
I'm flying to Alabama on April 19th, and will fly with him for the following 2 to 3 days, hopefully 3 flights a day. I'm so excited! :D

Last edited:
Bill Jennings said:
You lucky dog! Let me know what you learn!

Ok, will do. :)

My mission today is to convince my sweetie that this will be fun for him too (not just cost an arm and a leg). Let's see, how bout: "this could be our anniversary present to each other, staying at a lodge on a grass runway" or "this could be like our second honeymoon" or "why don't you take a few lessons with him too." Any of those sound good?

Diana said:
I'm flying to Alabama on April 19th, and will fly with him for the next 2 to 3 days, hopefully 3 flights a day. I'm so excited! :D

That is SO good! I'm so excited for you! I wish I could be a fly sittin' on the panel of that airplane.

You should have great weather then. I'm already making sacrifices to the weather gods.

Diana said:
Ok, will do. :)

Too bad you're going to be doing this mid-week, it looks like his place is only 1hr or so from here by Skyhawk.

The pictures of his spead look very nice, have fun!

Toby said:
That is SO good! I'm so excited for you! I wish I could be a fly sittin' on the panel of that airplane.

You should have great weather then. I'm already making sacrifices to the weather gods.

Thank you Toby, I'm crossing my fingers for good weather, but I think your method will be more effective. ;)

Now I've found the perfect occasion for that special journal. :)

Bill Jennings said:
Too bad you're going to be doing this mid-week, it looks like his place is only 1hr or so from here by Skyhawk.
It would be nice to be able to hook up somehow. We'll probably stay till Saturday. I'll keep in touch. :)

This place looks like a beatiful vacation spot. No travel, food and lodging right on the field and some real fun stuff to do during the day.

Have fun!

Jim G

grattonja said:
This place looks like a beatiful vacation spot. No travel, food and lodging right on the field and some real fun stuff to do during the day.

Have fun!

Jim G

Thanks Jim. It does look like a great vacation spot! The only thing that would make it better would be if there was a hot tub overlooking the runway and a spa with herbal wraps and massages. :)

Diana said:
Thanks Jim. It does look like a great vacation spot! The only thing that would make it better would be if there was a hot tub overlooking the runway and a spa with herbal wraps and massages. :)

Hey, Diana, this is a niche no one's thought of -- let's open an airport spa. The perfect getaway, middle of nowhere, fly-ins only (or mainly). Day, weekend, or week-long packages, gourmet meals, night club. It would be so fun to decorate the rooms!

Back