Aerobatic Training Path

G550

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
G550
My end-goal is warbird formation flying and airshow performances. I know it's a long and hard road but I would like to eventually get ACE'd in Unlimited and I would like to hear the opinions from the experienced pilots in the field where to start, progression path, preferred training facilities and recommended instructors. After several hours in the T-6 I'm hooked.

I will be purchasing a few birds and I'm really drawn to the Douglas A-1J Skyraider, B-25J and the P-47D-23-RA. However trying to locate a specific production batch will probably make that search that much harder.

Courtesy Aircraft will more than likely be the broker I choose for the transactions and continued maintenance.

Thanks and have a great week!

This post is a few weeks old. Have you found any good resources to help you on this path yet? I'm the furthest thing from an expert on the subject, but since no one else has chimed in, I thought I'd suggest a few places to start.

Doug Rozendaal is an active member of the BeechTalk forum who often offers advice to pilots on that forum. Search for him there, or look him up on his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/B25Flyer

Contact your local Commemorative Air Force wing. They have strict standards for pilot qualifications, and I'm sure they can tell you what's required and where to start.

The FAST organization (Flying And Safety Team) is an organization who also sets high standards for flying warbirds safely, and run formation flying clinics. They have a double handful of signatory organizations who also would be good resources for instruction.

Back