Aerobatic Training in Nor Cal

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
Looking for some recommendations for some aerobatic training in Northern California/Bay Area.

Got my PPL, got a 182 with just over 100 hours in it...gonna start instrument rating in the coming months but thinking I would like to get a bit of aerobatic training in first for two reasons:

1) Build up more skills and confidence in actually FLYING a plane and know how and what to to in the event of unusual attitude in normal flight.

2) To know what my 182 can really do and how to handle it....not that it is rated for aerobatic nor would I be training or doing any aerobatics in it, but would like to then take some of that training with an aerobatic CFI and really put my plane through some paces more than straight and level flight...again, with the idea of building up experience and confidence in how it reacts and responds to different situations. Flying is easy when everything goes RIGHT!

3)OK, three reasons...looks like a freakin blast!

Not planning on training for the Red Bull races or to preform in airshows, but looking for a few lessons to learn some skills (and hopefully not get hooked and somehow justify ANOTHER plane for aerobatics!)

Any recommendations in the area? Fly outta KWVI, but I can fly in to any Nor Cal location for some sessions.

Last edited:
Attitude at Livermore is probably your best bet but test the waters and look for an instructor you fit with. They tend to be the green jumpsuit types.

There used to be a lot of aerobatic stuff going on out in Livermore.

Sean Tucker runs his school in King City. That may be a shorter drive than Livermore from Santa Cruz at certain times of day....

Ask instructor JDM at united flight.

That is not what I suggested above.

Also a second idea, this one for an FBO, would be Aerodynamic (used to be Amelia Reid) in RHV.

Last edited:
Looks good...Tucker's program is what I was hoping for rather than just a dude and a plane on a weekend!

Back