Aerobatic flight schools in FL - opinions?

Hat's off to you if you can get Hoover to train you. But I would certainly question your grip on reality if you claimed you did.

Missed the point completely

What? No option for "world renowned" you?

Another swing and a miss

But don't worry, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Missed the point completely

Another swing and a miss

But don't worry, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I fully expected you wouldn't find it funny, because you weren't my target audience.

I recommend doing the basic aerobatics in a Decathlon before moving on so Jim at Dylan Aviation would be a good place to start.You can't go wrong with Patty's 10 hour course. WingOver Aerobatics is also recommended - my view is (and I said this to Steve) - every Pitts pilot should undergo the stall/spin course that he runs. I'd also recommend taking whifferdill's advice.

But if you want a real holiday - visit Australia.

Did my tailwheel and cfi spin with Jim at Dylan, that would be a good option also.

This is an old thread but I finally resolved it so thought I would update....

Called Steve at Wingover in FL, they are retired and no longer doing instruciton. So thats off the table.
Called up Budd Davisson in AZ, and am all set for his Pitts training in April. I like his attitude, and I like the fact that hes not at all afraid of starting someone off in a Pitts even if they have zero TW. (I have a big fat 6 hrs in the citabria, plan to have 15 or more and my TW endorsement before I go to AZ).

I will start a new thread with my results once I go - so maybe I'll get some pics and videos up in late April.

Really looking forward to it. Wife is going with me and staying at the Holiday Inn resort down in Scottsdale. Also any ideas for things to do/go see in the afternoons in Scottsdale/Phoenix in April are appreciated - I have no idea and have not been to the SW since I was a teen.

Back