Aerobatic Competition at KWWD - New Jersey

David

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
My son and I were playing golf in Cape May County, NJ yesterday morning. This little par 3 course is next to KWWD. I noticed a citabria doing some acro and then what looked like a pitts and then a third airplane. It took me awhile, I'm slow, to realize that there was an aerobatic competition at the airport. After golf, we drove over to get a bite at the recently reopened airport dinner and to look at the planes. It looked like there were 15 or 20 planes in the competition. I used to own a citabria 7ECA so those were pretty easy for me to recognize. I also saw Pitts, Extras, clip wing cub, various monoplane Russian aircraft with radial engines, bucker jungman (sp) and others that I didn't recognize. I fly down to KWWD fairly often in my bonanza. I'm sorry I didn't this past weekend because I would have found out sooner about the competition and been able to spend more time watching the proceedings. Another spectator told that the competition ran for three days - Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I didn't even have a camera with me. :(
Dave

Dave: Great to see you here on POA. How far is the golf course from WWD. Can you get there if you fly in?

Back