Aero news network

Palamedes

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jason Ellis
Does anyone else think the female blonde announcer/presenter Ashley Hale on AeroNews over annunciates / chews her words as she talks?

It's kinda hard to listen to..

Tell you the truth I don't even know who your talking about.

I cannot stand the sound of her voice but I thought her former gig was presenting Naked News.

Ashley's a nice gal and might have some potential, but I don't think she's getting any qualified direction. She doesn't distort pronunciations and flash her gums like that in normal conversation, so it's obviously something that could be addressed through critique and appropriate exercises.

She was on Naked News?

Ashley's a nice gal and might have some potential, but I don't think she's getting any qualified direction. She doesn't distort pronunciations and flash her gums like that in normal conversation, so it's obviously something that could be addressed through critique and appropriate exercises.

Its so pronounced that it's almost like someone told her to do that..

I wasn't sure if she was deaf or something.. I have a friend who is nearly 100% deaf and he actually speaks a lot like her because he kind of has to "taste" the words to form them as he talks.

Does anyone else think the female blonde announcer/presenter Ashley Hale on AeroNews over annunciates / chews her words as she talks?

It's kinda hard to listen to..
If she has a public email address that's included with her stories, send her a polite message and tactfully suggest that she try a different presentation style. "A tone more similar to ordinary conversation, like most newscasters use, might be easier to understand...."

The viewership is probably small, so she'd not getting much feedback. If she's just trying to gain experience to find a better job, she'd be better off if the demo recordings were a bit less stylized.

Ron Wanttaja

Its so pronounced that it's almost like someone told her to do that...

You'd be surprised how unnatural some people are when they know a mic is on. Even people experienced at speaking to large groups in person, and who sound natural when doing so, sometimes contort their deliveries when in a room alone with headphones on. It's a very unnatural environment, and not that much different from being alone in a room with a teleprompter and a camera on a tripod.

I worked in radio broadcast for 30 years, a good portion of it in program management, which included recruiting, hiring and training newcomers. Affectations this severe would have to be exorcised in the first few sessions or we'd suggest, as gently as possible, that they might be better suited for the sales department. Guys trying to move up from smaller markers sometimes had bad habits rooted so deeply they couldn't unlearn them.

Sadly, that may be the case here.

Our very own Rob F. worked there too and it didn't turn him into a psychopath. It happens. I knew nothing until the Cirrus kerruffle, she knows nothing either. Probably.

Our very own Rob F. worked there too and it didn't turn him into a psychopath. It happens. I knew nothing until the Cirrus kerruffle, she knows nothing either. Probably.

How is that? I lost interest in the thread.

Our very own Rob F. worked there too and it didn't turn him into a psychopath...

The verdict's still out on that. :wink2:

As Paul may also attest to, the best way to maintain your sanity when working at ANN is to maintain as much physical and psychological distance as you can from Zoom's insanity. That was a lesson I learned too late (or not soon enough) but it seems to have worked pretty well for one of his employees, who at this point I believe has lasted longer than anyone ever has before him.

Back