Aero Engines of Winchester, VA reveiws?

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
I'm looking at a bird which had a major OH at Aero Engines of Winchester, Va.

Has anyone here worked with them for the better or worse? Their logbook entry is very professional and well laid out, far more than many I've seen. But figured I'd ask "yawl" if ya ever worked with them?

The O-470-50 engine in my 182 was overhauled by them in 2014, before I bought it. It only made it 650 hours, carefully operated, before needing to be torn down. They were uninterested in helping.

I'm looking at a bird which had a major OH at Aero Engines of Winchester, Va.

Has anyone here worked with them for the better or worse? Their logbook entry is very professional and well laid out, far more than many I've seen. But figured I'd ask "yawl" if ya ever worked with them?

I've heard good things about them. They are probably the most well-known shop in the state.

The O-470-50 engine in my 182 was overhauled by them in 2014, before I bought it. It only made it 650 hours, carefully operated, before needing to be torn down. They were uninterested in helping.

That's disappointing.

It may depend on the date of the OH. They were very well regarded, but I think Tom retired at some point in the last decade; after that, I don't know.

It may depend on the date of the OH. They were very well regarded, but I think Tom retired at some point in the last decade; after that, I don't know.

2016... I see on a Yelp Review from 2016 someone referenced Tom, so likely he was around when my possible new to me engine was overhauled...

Want a second 140? I am probably going to have to sell mine if I buy the Mooney...

Back