Aerial Photoshoot: 1946 Luscombe 8A

Sinistar

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Brad
The weather and work schedule Gods aligned and we were finally able to get some aerial shots of Jon's beautiful 1946 Luscombe. Our photog (Dmitry) gave me this one to share right away and I will add another 3 or 4 when I get them. This was the first time shooting a plane that was noticeably slower. The only time I didn't have flaps out was the quick dash home. Lots of flying partially into the sun to get the right light which isn't my favorite thing. We tried to get some climb out shots with the city in the background but i was into stall horn territory so we gave up on that. We missed a great shot where there was a powered parachute about 800ft below Jon as he turned so kickin' ourselves on that one. WeirdJim would have been proud...about 40minutes on 122.75 instead of 123.45. Photos taken from backseat of 182 thru stock windows with a FUJI XT(something) and a 50-150mm lens with circular polarizer....no teleconvertor :)

Luscombe1946Model8A_01.jpg

Just got the rest of the photos back from the photographer. Definitely not Low Flying Jack's caliber nor to be confused with his very recent Luscombe photos but we are pleased how they turned out. Slowly getting better at this!

Luscombe05.png
Luscombe04.png
Luscombe03.png

Attachments

• Luscombe02.png
    Luscombe02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Those are good solid photos that an owner or photographer should be proud of. I like 1,2 and 3 the best.

Back