Aerial Photography

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Does it need a C-certificate?

This guy is plastering our village with ads, that’s ok - but also doing creepy things that are pzzing everyone off, so I looked him up & found this,
I suppose he could be a recent -C, not recorded yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3822.jpg
    IMG_3822.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 48
Does it need a C-certificate?

This guy is plastering our village with ads, that’s ok - but also doing creepy things that are pzzing everyone off, so I looked him up & found this,
I suppose he could be a recent -C, not recorded yet.

Which "village" is he plastering" and what kind of creepy?

Yes, the FAA issued a ruling on this a while back...

Marketing it clearly as an aerial business puts it outside the private realm.

Of course, it could be he has a commercially rated pilot and he's just the photog.
I sometimes wonder what the Chief Counsel would say if this were revisited. I somehow doubt that every YouTuber who monetizes their aviation videos is a commercial pilot with at least a second class medical.

Yes, the FAA issued a ruling on this a while back...

Marketing it clearly as an aerial business puts it outside the private realm.

Of course, it could be he has a commercially rated pilot and he's just the photog.
He is putting a beautiful, color "Aeriel Photography" business card (depicting a cabin-class twin, btw) in every door, every mailbox. No indication of who the pilot might be, other than only his name prominently displayed on the card. Not sure.

Which "village" is he plastering" and what kind of creepy?
mine.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 36
It is Ok.

He is English proficient.

I don't have that on my certificate...

That is definitely creepy...if not unhinged.

Guess this guy does not realize drones kind of killed off aerial photography using planes.

Huh? Maybe for some things, but not everything.

For quite a few things. I know a pilot that has been a major player in the film industr for many years. He has been in major blockbuster movies. Drones have definitely did damage to his business.

For quite a few things. I know a pilot that has been a major player in the film industr for many years. He has been in major blockbuster movies. Drones have definitely did damage to his business.
That's film. And yeah, for low-altitude video work, drones beat helicopters by a lot.

Back