Aerial Hunting

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
I recently got a job working at my local Academy Sports + Outdoors, and the other day I was called to help a customer put a gun safe on hold. When we walked up to the cash register so he could pay for the safe, he was asked for his I.D. to which he replied "Will a Pilots License work?" Later I asked the older gentleman what ratings he held. He then went on to say he had a PP-ASEL.

He told me stories of how he owned two J-3 Cub's, and that he herded cattle, and hunted Hogs from them. He would fly and a PAX would open the door and shoot the Hog's.

That got me to thinking... what are all of the requirements to do Aerial Hunting?

Despite all the Alaska hoopla FDA or some other Fed agency employs aerial hunter predator control teams in the Western US. There used to be gov't bounties and aerial hunting of bears and bald eagles. Heard some rumors that it is easy to get an aerial permit for wild pigs in TX, I guess the pigs are really tearing up the place. Youtube has helicopter pig hunts in TX if you search. FYI for anyone who might want to give it a go there are aircraft forfeiture laws for folks caught illegally hunting from aircraft. Plus a lot of people have flown into the ground due to target fixation.

Back