Aera 760 not powering up

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
I have the aera 760 and it’s a great unit, but sometimes it just doesn’t want to turn on. Only one button and I’ve pushed it, held it, and I cannot get it on, was working yesterday but when I shut down for fuel it turned off as it normally does and now I cannot get it started. :confused2:

Have you tried a slow hand and an easy touch?

My 760 I just tap the one button. Not hold it. And wait a bit for the screen to come on.

will it power up when extenal power is applied ? thats how my 796 is

will it power up when extenal power is applied ? thats how my 796 is
It usually does, but now I cannot. I’m wondering if my plug is not supplying enough power as I’m trying to charge it at home using a USB-C cable.

It usually does, but now I cannot. I’m wondering if my plug is not supplying enough power as I’m trying to charge it at home using a USB-C cable.
Assume you are using a power adapter? Maybe it's too little current...

Assume you are using a power adapter? Maybe it's too little current...
I ordered a new plug and wire, going to test that out tomorrow but my method was working for quite some time and the entire Alaska trip.

Update: when the Garmin Aera 760 battery is full, I’m unable to turn it on. When the battery is dead, once external power is applied it automatically turns on. If I’m flying once a day, then fine, the battery would be dead from sitting and will turn on when aircraft power comes alive. If I shut down for fuel and turn back on shortly after, then the Garmin Aera 760 won’t turn back on, external power, pressing button, holding button or what not. So now when I shut down, I’ll click “Stay on” so that it works for the next flight.

I emailed Garmin and waiting for a reply, annoying but I guess it’s like the iPhone hold it the right way and it works. o_O

Back