"Advisory/P" Frequency

jnmacd

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jnmacd
Can someone explain what an "Advisory/P" frequency is?

I am looking at KBVO (http://airnav.com/airport/kbvo)
There is a CTAF, but also Advisory/P.

And to confuse me more.... in the AF/D, its listed as "Bartlesville Advisory".

Which do I call up on when I am inbound/outbound?

Thanks!

Jason

There's a comment that there's an "advisory approach" frequency that's not ATC and is "provided by the airport" on AirNav.

Shows up as "Bartlesville Advisory" in the freq section of Foreflight. Doesn't make any sense.

I think I'd just call down there and ask. I just called the phone number for the AWOS to see if they put any recorded info about this goofiness on the recorded comments... nope.

I believe the "/P" stands for "Private" BTW. Have seen that before. Someone with more money that they knew what to do with may have installed the equivalent of an RCO to the Center controllers?

Bartlesville would be Phillips Petroleum now Conoco Phillups. More or less explains everything...

Used to be Phillips headquarters before the merger. Bartlesville is Phillips Petroleum.

Up early listening to the coyotes. Gotta go out in a little bit and blow down a well (I'm in WWW this weekend).

Used to be Phillips headquarters before the merger. Bartlesville is Phillips Petroleum.

Up early listening to the coyotes. Gotta go out in a little bit and blow down a well (I'm in WWW this weekend).

Ahh, have..uh... Fun. Haha.

I did my time this week.

Gonna go flying today or tomorrow. Not sure where yet. Just need to go up. ;)

Back