Advice on St. Louis Lambert Field

Pjsmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
pjsmith
Put this in an earlier thread but haven't found an answer yet, so I hope someone out there has a little experience and will share....

I'm going to St. Louis in 6 days. will be staying downtown. It seems like from earlier threads that you can fly GA into KSTL (unlike O'Hare), and even do it in a lowly Cherokee like mine.

My real question is this....I'll be flying in VFR on a Saturday morning, which I would think ought to be a 'busy time' for the field. Will this be an issue (my plane will be puttering along at a top speed of probably 115k)?

Any and all input appreciated.

P

Put this in an earlier thread but haven't found an answer yet, so I hope someone out there has a little experience and will share....

I'm going to St. Louis in 6 days. will be staying downtown. It seems like from earlier threads that you can fly GA into KSTL (unlike O'Hare), and even do it in a lowly Cherokee like mine.

My real question is this....I'll be flying in VFR on a Saturday morning, which I would think ought to be a 'busy time' for the field. Will this be an issue (my plane will be puttering along at a top speed of probably 115k)?

Any and all input appreciated.

P

My information is a bit dated, but when I flew into OSH in 2002, we overnighted in STL. I was in a Pa28-200R.. plain ol arrow. We didn't plan to get there any specific time but apparently missed the rush. We were vectored VFR up the river then left base for what is now Twy F, and what was then a GA runway.

It was a non issue. If you arrive during the rush you may end up getting juggled around or have to turn close in..

Good luck.

Back