Advice on Short Term Disablity

U

Unregistered

32yrs female normal weight healthy & active

I had an occurrence of SVT in June and was taken to the ER, given Adenosine in the ambulance on the way there. I decided to go with the catheter ablation to cure the SVT and am now waiting out the FAA imposed 3 month waiting period, but have had problems with getting short term disability approved through out the 3 months.

I realize now what it a mistake it was to drop off the initial disability form at the doctor's office with a simple note. Anyhow, the dates the physician's assistant filled out were 2 months short of the total 3 month waiting period and now disability insurance is asking for supplemental information specifically saying I can't work - tests, medication, restrictions specifically preventing me from working. I know that I'm probably cured and any tests will prove that, but I can't return to work due to the FAA. I've told the insurance co. the FAA has a waiting period preventing me from returning to work, but he says that has to come from the doctor. I filled out a 2nd disability form having the doctor simply extend the dates and that has been denied as well.

Any experts on getting short term disability approved? any advice?

This one's easy. Get a note from you AME saying that you were grounded at such and such a date, and that you return to work is expected...sometime in the future.

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back