Advice for KBTF

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Either tomorrow or Saturday morning, I will be flying upto Utah to visit a friend. Anyone have experiance with Bountiful skypark? It looks like its possible to go VFR in and out around the SLC bravo. It also looks real close to the bravo and like a wind could push you into it if your not careful.
Just looking for suggestions.

Michael

Just my .02, I've never been there, but I have been to airports in the Boston Bravo. Why not just contact SLC Approach and get clearance into the bravo just in case?

NickDBrennan said:
Just my .02, I've never been there, but I have been to airports in the Boston Bravo. Why not just contact SLC Approach and get clearance into the bravo just in case?

Yea, I will Nick, Just like to know the game plan when at 20 miles out SLC center says, sqk 1200 and remain clear of bravo, good day.

Never landed BTF but you will talk to ATC, it is (almost) inside the SFC/10000 B ring. (Edit: actually right on the edge. I wasn't zoomed in enough. You COULD do it VFR )

From what I've heard flying over and around the area, they will route you up the Interstate east of SLC and west of downtown. Nice views if the weather is good.

Eric

Last edited:
Michael said:
Either tomorrow or Saturday morning, I will be flying upto Utah to visit a friend. Anyone have experiance with Bountiful skypark? It looks like its possible to go VFR in and out around the SLC bravo. It also looks real close to the bravo and like a wind could push you into it if your not careful.
Just looking for suggestions.

Michael

The railroad tracks are exceedingly obvious, so it really isn't any problem keeping clear of the Class B. Note that the traffic pattern and BTK are LP/RP so as to keep aircraft east of the runway and therefor clear of the Class B. SLC approach will work with you if you want a Class B clearance. If you want to do the whole thing beneath the Class B be cautious about Hill AFB Class D airspace. You would normally arrive from the south, so simply find Provo Lake and then keep yourself beneath the Class B along the foothills & east of the highways/railroad tracks until abeam BTF for a pattern entry.

Ed Guthrie said:
The railroad tracks are exceedingly obvious, so it really isn't any problem keeping clear of the Class B. Note that the traffic pattern and BTK are LP/RP so as to keep aircraft east of the runway and therefor clear of the Class B. SLC approach will work with you if you want a Class B clearance. If you want to do the whole thing beneath the Class B be cautious about Hill AFB Class D airspace. You would normally arrive from the south, so simply find Provo Lake and then keep yourself beneath the Class B along the foothills & east of the highways/railroad tracks until abeam BTF for a pattern entry.

Thanks Ed. Thats what i was hoping the case would be.

Back