Advice: flying Salt Lake to Denver

Relax guys, it's an anniversary trip! Haha

Made it. Stopped at KSAA for fuel after hours. No joy. So stopped at Ft. Collins. It wasn't far from my destination, but after refuel saw I was down to 12 gallons so that was a good choice.

I think navigation to the Avs game will be a more difficult task.

We will be off again on Sunday hopefully by 1100. Would like to make it back in time to watch Super Bowl commercials

:p

Search might be out of SLC - low ceilings & ice EVW to RKS if he went the northern route. Central Colorado looked clear.

Yeah, we found those low ceilings. It was clear above though and only about 20 minutes or so. First time I've flown with undercast. My wife was all "ohhhh look at the clouds! Sooooo pretty!" I didn't have the heart to share with her in how many ways those clouds can bring down a plane.

Last edited:
Relax guys, it's an anniversary trip! Haha

Made it. Stopped at KSAA for fuel after hours. No joy. So stopped at Ft. Collins. It wasn't far from my destination, but after refuel saw I was down to 12 gallons so that was a good choice.

I think navigation to the Avs game will be a more difficult task.

We will be off again on Sunday hopefully by 1100. Would like to make it back in time to watch Super Bowl commercials

:p

:thumbsup::cheers::cheers:

Yeah, we found those low ceilings. It was clear above though and only about 20 minutes or so. First time I've flown with undercast. My wife was all "ohhhh look at the clouds! Sooooo pretty!" I didn't have the heart to share with her in how many ways those clouds can bring down a plane.

Over an undercast while over the hills makes me think about two engines...then I think about care and feeding two engines...so far, still SEL.

Over an undercast while over the hills makes me think about two engines...then I think about care and feeding two engines...so far, still SEL.

If it don't look good... I- 80 makes for a wonderful runway....:yesnod::yesnod:;)

Hey woodchucker, where did you land? Might be fun to meet for a beer while you're in town.

Hey woodchucker, where did you land? Might be fun to meet for a beer while you're in town.

The plane is at KBJC, we are staying in Lakewood but have a rental car and will probably give the light rail a try as well.

We will be downtown this afternoon until the Avs game, so we could meet up if that was convenient.

And tomorrow we are busy until 9ish, but after that will definitely be up for something. Either way works. I think my email is in my profile. Shoot me a message and I'll get you my phone #. Or just pm me.
John

Last edited:
Back