Advertisement....

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Today I ran into something interesting at an airport bulletinboard:

1/10th share of J-3 Club $3,200

Not really interested in doing something like that right now. But maybe in the future.. The only thing that would scare me..Is you've got 10 people in a J-3...I wonder how often someone busts it up....

Anyone on here ever been in a partnership on something like that?

there is a club like that here at green castle that has a J3 and a Cessna 140. It seems to work good for them. Almost every nice night, like last night, there are a couple guys out flying it. I usually help em swing the prop. Busting it up is what insurance is for.

Personally, i prefer partners in bed and thats about it.

I am, ten (well nine right now) of us partners in a Skyhawk.

tonycondon said:
there is a club like that here at green castle that has a J3 and a Cessna 140. It seems to work good for them. Almost every nice night, like last night, there are a couple guys out flying it. I usually help em swing the prop. Busting it up is what insurance is for.

Personally, i prefer partners in bed and thats about it.

Chances are any pilots who prefer J3s to spam cans are of a mind to take good care of it.

My only partnership experience comes with the RV8 a friend and I built. He flies it way more than I do, but he still has a job and only has the weekends, whereas I am now in the "every day is Saturday" groove.:goofy:

Ten partners in one airplane seems a bit excessive to me. Consider that there is a good chance that the other nine owners/partners are NOT in the "every day is Saturday" stage of their lives, and that leaves ten people all trying to get a piece of the sky starting Friday afternoon/evening through Sunday evening.

And when/if someone wants to take the plane for an entire weekend for a trip or fly-in. . .

-JD

Back