Advantage GA once again

Flyboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Kinney
My son has his last club soccer game this Sunday here in Charlotte. He will be in Jasper Ga for a church retreat so I'm planning to fly to Pickens County airport and pick him up. 3 hour air time round trip from Eqy - Monroe NC.

It all depends on being able to bum a ride for the 15 or so mile trip to the Young Life Camp at Sharp Top Cove, but hopefully they will have a crew car.

Aint being a pilot handy?

Flyboy said:
My son has his last club soccer game this Sunday here in Charlotte. He will be in Jasper Ga for a church retreat so I'm planning to fly to Pickens County airport and pick him up. 3 hour air time round trip from Eqy - Monroe NC.

It all depends on being able to bum a ride for the 15 or so mile trip to the Young Life Camp at Sharp Top Cove, but hopefully they will have a crew car.

Aint being a pilot handy?

Very nice airport, more of a clubhouse than an FBO. I'd definately say they don't have a crew car.

However, one of the AOPA web boarders (Diana, Diane, can't remember her name???) is based there, has a Luscombe as does her husband. The gang there is known as the front porch gang, do a web search, I think they have a web site. Maybe one kind pilot will lend you a car and/or drive you over?

Thanks, I'll do that. I'll talk to my son tonight to make sure he wants to make the game. Otherwise he's facing a 5 or so hour bus ride.

Only thing a search on "The front porch gang" turned up was some article about herding cats at the airport.

Bill Jennings said:
Very nice airport, more of a clubhouse than an FBO. I'd definately say they don't have a crew car.

However, one of the AOPA web boarders (Diana, Diane, can't remember her name???) is based there, has a Luscombe as does her husband. The gang there is known as the front porch gang, do a web search, I think they have a web site. Maybe one kind pilot will lend you a car and/or drive you over?

Her name is Deborah McFarland. I don't know her personally, but I've seen her posts and I think I've heard her on the CTAF at Pickens (how many other female Luscombe pilots are based there?)

Dave

Thanks for the tip! I've emailed Deborah and hopefully someone there can help.

Back