Advanced Avionics panel and BT connectivity issues

Leo Langston

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
llangston1
I got my new panel installed in my Navion and I am seeking advice on how to connect everything via BT to get the best functionality. I have a PMA 450B audio panel, a Garmin GNX 375 GPS transponder, Aspen 2000 Pro Max PFD/MFD, an iPad mini, iPhone and a Bose A20 headset. I have the iPad set up to BT connect to the 375 for flight plan and ADS-B Data transfers, and to the BT2 module of the 450B. The iPhone is Connected to BT1 module of the 450B. Before engine start I BT connect the iPad and A20 so I can hear the Foreflight audio checklists. After start when I turn on the avionics I can no longer hear the FF checklists or any other FF audio warnings in the headset. The navcomm radios and the Aspen altitude warnings came through the headset just fine. So is this BT connection set up workable or do I need to do something else? I really want to be able to hear FF checklists in flight and not just before engine start. Any suggestions?

I got my new panel installed in my Navion and I am seeking advice on how to connect everything via BT to get the best functionality. I have a PMA 450B audio panel, a Garmin GNX 375 GPS transponder, Aspen 2000 Pro Max PFD/MFD, an iPad mini, iPhone and a Bose A20 headset. I have the iPad set up to BT connect to the 375 for flight plan and ADS-B Data transfers, and to the BT2 module of the 450B. The iPhone is Connected to BT1 module of the 450B. Before engine start I BT connect the iPad and A20 so I can hear the Foreflight audio checklists. After start when I turn on the avionics I can no longer hear the FF checklists or any other FF audio warnings in the headset. The navcomm radios and the Aspen altitude warnings came through the headset just fine. So is this BT connection set up workable or do I need to do something else? I really want to be able to hear FF checklists in flight and not just before engine start. Any suggestions?
My I pad is BT to my audio panel so I get alerts from the i pad to my headset. I send my flight plans from my i pad to my GPS through a FS510 I believe?
You obviously have different equipment than I, so I would ask your avionics shop how that would work. Good luck with it.

Leo,
I think you can make a BT connection from your I pad to your audio panel and you got a nice one! And still keep the BT connection to your 375?

You should be able to hear alerts from FF/iPad and your 375 through your audio panel. Maybe you already know this? And there is some other issue?

Back