ADSB Tracking

Jamie696

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jamie696
A local club has ADSB blocking for their aircraft for 3rd parties like flightradar24. If anyone has done this and how is it done?

Doesn't matter. There's a whole network of ADS-B tracking and a website that says "F you and your privacy"

https://www.adsbexchange.com/ is one of the sites that won't block anything and allows people to know when you aren't home so people can rob your house without worry.

I thank the Good Lord every day that none of us fortunate 0.001%ers (you know, pilots and PoA members) have regular jobs that we go to on a regular basis, during which times there are ample opportunities for pillaging our domiciles and doing apparently carnally sinful things to our canine pals. If we had regular jobs, can you imagine the horror? We would be gone for 8, 9, maybe MORE hours per day, possibly 5 days per week! Egads, son, egads I say! You can take your tracking devices and stick em up yer ADS-B!

I thank the Good Lord every day that none of us fortunate 0.001%ers (you know, pilots and PoA members) have regular jobs that we go to on a regular basis, during which times there are ample opportunities for pillaging our domiciles and doing apparently carnally sinful things to our canine pals. If we had regular jobs, can you imagine the horror? We would be gone for 8, 9, maybe MORE hours per day, possibly 5 days per week! Egads, son, egads I say! You can take your tracking devices and stick em up yer ADS-B!
You've obviously never had a stalker or gotten a random message saying "I see you went to XYZ" because they set up an alert for you on flight aware.

But hey, since it's never happened to you "F everyone it has happened to" right?

Last edited:
Our government mandated stalker deluxe is now installed and approved. Partner picked up the plane from the avionics shop and proceeded to fly crazily about the charlie. "Check's in the mail" says the gob'ment.

upload_2019-6-25_8-34-44.png

I investigated hundreds of burglaries during my law enforcement career, spoke with many burglars and contacted a lot of crooks who were casing neighborhoods looking for a place to break into. Not a one of them used any kind of technology. They look for targets of opportunity - daytime when everyone’s at work, easy access to a house without being seen from the street or from a house where someone might be home.

They just aren’t that bright. Residential burglars are almost always heroin or meth addicts and their little fried brains just don’t work too well.

Yes, I know the robbing of houses by common thieves using ADSB is about 0, but having been unwantingly followed in the past, and flighttracking sites being used to do so I am not a fan of anyone in the world being able to tell where I am. So I don't do tweeting, foursquare, facebook, public announcing of I'm on vacation in Cabo, etc..

Everyone else might like people knowing where they are/are going, but I don't.

You've obviously never had a stalker or gotten a random message saying "I see you went to XYZ" because they set up an alert for you on flight aware.

But hey, since it's never happened to you "F everyone it has happened to" right?

It’s a mad, mad world. I can’t account for every random event on Earth, but I can say that being stalked on Flight Aware has an incidence rate of 1 that has ever been discussed. Getting a truly random message is much different than being burgled and robbed, though, so I maintain my healthy skepticism of ADS-B causing future felonies and thefts. I’m not saying it can’t or won’t happen, but notice that I’m also not saying that the dinosaurs are making a full comeback and the Beatles are getting back together. (It could happen, just like being hit by an asteroid. If I wear a helmet all the time, “just in case,” would you consider me a tad paranoid?) I believe you, Ed, but people are far too easy to track these days, and ADS-B just doesn’t raise my hackles on that front. Sorry you had that happen, and I’m not making light of it, simply pointing out the rarity of the event.

Yes, I know the robbing of houses by common thieves using ADSB is about 0, but having been unwantingly followed in the past, and flighttracking sites being used to do so I am not a fan of anyone in the world being able to tell where I am. So I don't do tweeting, foursquare, facebook, public announcing of I'm on vacation in Cabo, etc..

Everyone else might like people knowing where they are/are going, but I don't.

I suggest you never leave your house, you never know when the boogie man might be waiting outside!!!

Don’t worry. We can see your every move on the dark web. ;)

Actually, it would be handy if the wife could just pop up something and see that I am still in the air and that's why I'm not answering the phone.

This one https://flight-data.adsbexchange.com/map?icao=A1E912&date=2019-06-11 only shows about 30 minutes of a 59 minute flight - plus somehow, I vanished into thin air!

The FAA ADS-B performance report for that date shows me being picked up by the system for 59 minutes and 12 seconds - which would be pretty much from lift off to short final.

I suggest you never leave your house, you never know when the boogie man might be waiting outside!!!

SO which website do I go to where I can track a person by cell phone or license plate number? Oh there isn't one? Nice strawman.

SO which website do I go to where I can track a person by cell phone or license plate number? Oh there isn't one? Nice strawman.

Hahahahaha........

Pipl, spookio, peoplefinder..... and the list goes on.

I challenge you Ed. Go on to one of them and pay the one time use fee... couple bucks.... and search yourself. You will loose your top on what it finds.

Back