ADSB Oshkosh Deal

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
All Gone. Thanks to those who ordered.

Thanks, and we'll be in the kit avionics business for a very long time with our own products.

Jim
VP Engineering. RST

Last edited:
The phrase "that sucks" comes to mind.

If you know what Jim's talking about, this is a good deal whether you send him funds via paypal or overnight check.

Hang tough Jim. Sorry this happened. It would be interesting to know how this would hold up regarding anti trust laws.

"Good deal" is the understatement of the century. If you're on the fence, hop off and contact Jim. I did, saved a bunch of coin, and zero regrets...and that was prior to this extra perk of the included Stratus 3i adsb-in module.

No good deed shall go unpunished.

Hope you get the ahem, widgets all Accounted for Jim.

I’d be mildly concerned about the attitude of the maker after reading this and I owned one, but at least one would know before calling... sigh.

I would point out that this place is about as far from a “private” message board as possible. It’s always in the top three or four items in a Google search about any particular specific aviation topic or product. Very heavily weighted by Google’s algorithms or staff.

Hang tough Jim. Sorry this happened. It would be interesting to know how this would hold up regarding anti trust laws.

Been there, done that. The AntiTrust laws say that the vendor can set a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) and censure their distributors who violate it. What they DO say is that I can sell the damned thing for anything I want, even take a loss if that is my choice, so long as I don't ADVERTISE that BAP price.

The question comes down to "advertised". And I will say that the matter had been broached when I took on the line a few years ago and I was given an interpretation by an agent of the vendor. And we both know that an agent can bind the hands of their principal. However, that fellow is now long gone and a different interpretation has been adopted without letting me know of the change.

Could I fight it? Let me tell you the story of the lawyer who advised his son to be a lawyer. When the son asked why, the father simply said if the argument is over a cow, you take one side and I'll take the other and you and I will own the cow when it is all over.

Jim

Last edited:
Back